The 5 times Mitch met Scott

The first time Mitch Grassi met Scott Hoying was at a local café.

Mitch and his mother, Nel frequented the quaint little café named Terry's Cafe where a certain blonde hair, blue eyed boy worked. As the café was only 5 minutes from Mitch's house, it was often a good place to go for breakfast on the days he was running late to school or a nice weekend treat.

Mitch had seen Scott in there a few times and recognised him from school but the two had yet to speak to each other.

Mitch's mother would often joke that Scott had a thing for Mitch because of the way he looked at him whenever he stepped foot in the door. "His face just lights up" she claimed but Mitch knew that that was just part of his good customer service. He didn't look at Mitch any different than he did Old Deb, the 78 year old woman who lived down the road from the Grassi residence.

Old Deb was actually the topic of their first conversation, well if you could even call it a conversation.

"She comes in every morning and knows exactly what we sell but it still takes her 15 minutes to decide." Scott joked as he watched the elderly woman hobble back down the road towards her house.

"Yeah, well that's Old Deb for ya." Mitch chuckled along before grabbing his croissant off the counter and exiting the building.

The second time Mitch met Scott was at a house party thrown in honour of Scott's friend, Esther turning 18.

As a sophomore, Mitch wasn't typically invited to any senior parties. He wasn't all that popular but had a good group friends who were all quiet and studious like Mitch. It didn't get them a lot of cool points but they also weren't the target of any immature bullying.

However, Avi, Mitch's best friend, just so happened to be Esther's little brother and was of course invited to her big birthday bash. Esther had also extended the invitation to Mitch and their other friends because sometimes it felt like Esther was their big sister too.

Friday night rolled around and Mitch was clad in his all black chicness, ready to party with some seniors.  One of those seniors just so happened to be Scott Hoying.

Mitch spotted him as soon as he walked in because although he wouldn't say he's actively crushing on him, he would openly admit that the boy was hot and very pleasing to look at.

The brunette boy was perched on the edge of the couch, red solo cup in hand, chatting to Avi and casually bopping along to Nicki Minaj.  He hadn't even noticed a certain blonde sitting on a wooden dining room chair placed precariously in front of the couch.  Scott paid Mitch no mind as he was laughing away with some of his volleyball buddies and whoever else was around.

Well that was until Mitch's friend, Tyler, had grabbed his shoulder and invited him into the conversation he had been having with Scott.

"He says he's Alex's cousin!"  Tyler exclaimed, clearly shocked by the news.  Alex was another member of Mitch's friend group, though the two never really spoke much other than in school.

"Really? Alex Kirk?"  Mitch directed his question at Scott.

"Yeah, that Alex. Hey Alex, come 'ere!"  Scott hollered at the other tall boy leaning against the wall not too far from them. Instantly, Mitch noticed the resemblance and could easily believe they were in fact cousins.  "Sure we're cousins?"