Mari ~ 50

Reyna's eyes widen as large as dinner plates, and her face is bright red. James pulls away, embarrassed, and starts turn when Reyna grabs his hand. James flushes red, and Reyna pulls his lips to hers.

Asher, being the boy he is, wolf whistles, until Bianca steps on his foot with her combat boots. Then, Asher yelps in pain.

"Okay, guys!" says Rose teasingly, causing James and Reyna to blush, and jump away.

Zoë frowns, deep in thought. "So why didn't you get affected by Loïc's magic, Mari?"

I bite my lip, flustered. After a few moments, I reluctantly open my mouth to explain, when Asher interrupts me.

"It must have not worked on her," Asher says with a shrug. James nods in agreement. I glance over at them, and their eyes are full of understanding.

Their message is clear: We've got your back.

I smile appreciatively. Thank you.

Maybe boys aren't so bad after all.

"We should get looking for the curse," inputs Bianca.

I nod.

"First, let's get back to the sub. I-" Cyprian yawns. "I'm tired."

I look around. It's night.

"Okay," says Rose.

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired too," confesses Bianca.

Asher raises his eyebrows in mock surprise. "Bianca di Angelo is WEAK? And sleepy? It's too good to be true!"

Bianca frowns, although sleepily. "I'm not weak...and it's Solace-di Angelo," she mumbles, her eyelids drooping.

Reyna holds up three fingers. "Three, two, one," she counts down, lowering a finger as she goes. At zero, Bianca falls asleep, collapsing to the floor.

Rose laughs. "Let's head to the sub," she says.

I totally forgot we were underwater.

That bubblegum really works.

Cyprian picks Bianca up carefully, and starts to carry her towards the submarine, everyone else following him.

When we finally reach the submarine, Reyna collapses, snoring. I laugh. "I guess we should keep looking tomorrow," I say, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

Asher nods in agreement, and trudges to his room.

"Good night, everyone," Zoë yawns, and we all walk to our rooms.

I push open my door, and collapse in bed, making sure to spit the bubblegum out. Carefully, I slide under the covers, and close my eyes.