Zoë ~ 21

"I can't believe we have to ride to CALIFORNIA!" Rose huffs from the seta next to me. I nod, grimacing.

From the passengers seat, Mari sighs. "I'm doing the best I can to use magic to speed this car up, but I don't want to get pulled over," she says. "If only Bianca were here, she could shadow travel the car to Mount. Tamalpais."

I frown. "I'm honestly surprised she didn't sneak out. When has Bianca every listened to rules?" I ask.

Suddenly, I hear a voice from behind me, in the trunk.

"As much as I'm offended by that, I'm here," says Bianca.

Adrien almost hits a sign.

Reyna grins. "Stowaway!" she calls.

Cyprian pops out next to Bianca, grinning. "Stowaways," he corrects.

"This is bad, you know. The Prophecy says Seven, not nine. You could probably die," says Mari positively.

Bianca rolls her eyes. "Oh well," she says, hopping into the middle row of seats.

"I think I can make an extra seat for Cyprian if I try really hard," says Mari.

"No need. We'll be in Cali in two seconds," says Bianca. "Rodriguez-drive into that shadow over there."

Adrien stares at her in disbelief. "You mean the car?" he asks. Bianca nods.

"Let's see if I can take us to Mount. Tamales," says Bianca, rubbing her hands together.

"Tamalpais," I correct.

"Screw grammar," replies Bianca just as we drive into the shadow and fall into darkness.

It was horrible.

Shadow traveling is dark, loud, and scary. I see shadows and hear loud screams for a second before we appear again.

"Gods dang it," Bianca grumbles. We're not in California. We're in the sky. So high that I can't even see the ground. We hover for a moment, and then plummet.

Everyone screams, except for the boys and Bianca, as we fall.

"SHADOW TRAVEL US OUT OF HERE, DI ANGELO!" yells Adrien.

Bianca glares at him. "DO YOU SEE ANY FREAKING SHADOWS, RODRIGUEZ? IF YOU DO LET ME KNOW!" hollers Bianca above the screams. "AND ITS SOLACE-DI ANGELO!"

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR LAST NAME IS JUST GET US OUT OF THIS SITUATION, YOU LITTLE-" yells Adrien back, frustrated.

"AGAIN, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SEE THE SHADOWS, PRINCESS! AND I-" shouts Bianca.

"SHUT UP AND SAVE US!" interrupts Asher, glaring at Bianca.

The ground is very close now.

"EFF YOU, STOLL. CANT YOU SEE IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A-"

WHAM.

We hit the ground.

Everything goes black.