Mari ~ 37

"Thanks, Charon," says Bianca as we exit the boat.

Charon raises his eyebrows at her. "Could it be true? Is young di Angelo thanking me? It's a Christmas miracle," he says dryly.

"Eff off," snaps Bianca.

I frown, and sigh. With Asher in the other group, nobody can contain her. Not that Asher could, really. It was more like distract her.

"Who might you be, young heroes?" asks a creepy old lady voice from above us.

We all look up, and I gasp. It's the Furies.

"We're here to see Hades," says Bianca bravely.

She's going to get killed this way.

"That's Lord Hades to you, pretty," hisses the second Fury.

Bianca glares at them. "I can call anybody whatever I want," she says definitely.

Rose sighs, and rubs her temples.

Here we go again.

"Who are you?" asks the first Fury.

"I am Bianca Solace-di Angelo," says Bianca, placing her hands on her hips.

The Furies look at each other, and then swoop off, towards a gleaming black castle.

Hades' palace.

"Hey, Bianca? D'you think you can try to stay calm around people who can kill us?" asks Cyprian.

Bianca sighs. "I guess," she says, sounding genuinely disappointed.

Cyprian laughs.

Suddenly, a tall and dark figure appears in front of us. Lord Hades. He glares down at us, black eyes swooping from person to person unforgivingly. Then, they lock onto Bianca. Suddenly, the God of death smiles. Well, sort of.

"Bianca!" Hades says, patting her head.

Bianca flushes, but smiles up at him. "Hades! My friends and I are on a quest for Camp Half Blood," she explains as Hades narrows his eyes at the rest of us.

"I know Mari- she's my Roman form's granddaughter- but who are these two? The pale boy who looks like Draco Malfoy from that movie your father Will is obsessed with. And the flowery girl. She looks like Calypso," says Hades.

"Um, this is Cyprian Macedonicus. He's my...friend," introduces Bianca, blushing slightly. Hades frowns. "And this is Rose Valdez. She's Calypso's daughter," finishes Bianca.

"It's good to meet you, Lord Hades," says Cyprian politely.

Rose just squeaks, her eyes fixed on her feet.

"What's this quest about?" asks Hades.

"Um, some curse thing was stolen. I would know what it's called, but a stupid teenage boy who thinks it's his job to boss me around wouldn't let me find out because 'it's probably not a good idea for you to cuss at Atlas when he's giving us valuable information, Bianca'," huffs Bianca.

Hades frowns again. "I see," he says. "Since when has this stupid teenage boy who thinks it his job to boss you around been your boyfriend?"

Rose lets out a small giggle. Cyprian frowns. I smile. Bianca flushes. "He's not my boyfriend. In fact, he's a total-" splutters Bianca.

"Anyways," I say, cutting Bianca off. "Do you know anything about this curse, Lord Hades?"

Hades thinks for a moment. "It is not here in the Underworld. It must be with my insufferable brother, Poseidon," he says finally.

Bianca sighs. "Thank you anyways," she says glumly.

"How are your fathers?" asks Hades.

Bianca tenses up, and Cyprian grabs her hand. Hades frowns at that, but doesn't comment.

"Um," stammers Bianca, tears welling up in her eyes. "They're t-trying for divorce. They've been affected by the curse."

Hades purses his lips. "I hope it doesn't go through. I'd hate to see my son upset again. The last time something like this happened, with Perseus Jackson- who is the most despicable human being on the planet- he changed completely," he says.

Bianca laughs a little when Hades bad mouths Percy. "Thanks anyways! See you soon," she says, leading us towards the River Styx and Charon's Ferry. "Hold on," says Bianca, grinning slightly. "I'll just shadow travel us to the sub." She reaches her hands out towards us, and then accidentally hits me. I stumble, and then fall.

Right into the River Styx.