Cyprian ~ 27

After almost an hour of climbing, we reach the top of the mountain.

"Th...thank the gods we're here," Rose wheezes, sitting down.

"Um, I hate to burst your bubble, Rose, but..." trails Asher, eyes fixated on something behind her.

Rose turns around, and shrieks.

A large, green dragon with A LOT of heads snarls down at us. He does not look happy.

"Run!" exclaims Mari, and we scatter.

"Zoë, any information? Big green dragon guarding sparkly apple thingys?" yells Reyna from behind a rock.

Zoë concentrates hard. "His name is Ladon. He has exactly 100 heads, and he's immortal. He guards the Apples of Immortality," she hollers back.

"Look! There's Atlas; holding up the sky!" exclaims James, pointing at an area slightly more elevated.

"More hiking?!" Rose wails.

Ladon wails too. Only in a more terrifying, and 'I'm going to eat you' sorta way.

"N...no touching," mumbles Bianca, slowly regaining consciousness.

I redden. "Sorry," I say, carefully setting her on the ground.

She yawns, and rubs her eyes. "Wassgoingon?" she mutters, yawning again.

"Just getting attacked by Ladon," I say.

Bianca's eyes widen. "WHAT?! Why didn't you wake me up?" she demands, hitting my arm.

"You needed to sleep!" I say.

Bianca huffs. "Fine. But you sound like my dad- Will," she sighs.

I laugh.

"Talk later! Kill scary thingy now!" yells James, pulling out a sword.

"You dummy! Didn't you listen to a word I said? Immortal. As in DOESN'T DIE, James!" hollers Zoë.

"We have to distract it, and then sneak past it to Atlas!" yells Reyna.

"Right," replies Bianca. "I'll distract it, you guys go around!"

I open my mouth to object, but Bianca darts out from behind the Boulder. Speaking of which, I'm going to name it Cicero. Cicero the Boulder.

"Try a nicer approach- Ladon is easily offen-" starts Mari.

"Hey, Scalebutt!" spits Bianca, holding up a Stygian Iron sword.

"-or not," sighs Mari.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Asher grin. I frown.

"I bet I could whip your butt in less than a minute! After all, you are just a dumb dragon," taunts Biana.

Now children, I hope you learn some lessons from this. Number one; don't call a dragon dumb, unless you enjoy being a shish kebab. Number two; do NOT mess with Bianca.

Ladon roars with all 100 heads, walking towards Bianca.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, YOU SON OF A-" shouts Bianca.

"Language!" yelps Mari. Bianca glares at her.

"Fine. YOU SON OF AN ENCHILADA!" finishes Bianca.

Enchilada? What? Must be a long story. Mental note: run now, ask enchilada question later.

We all sneak behind Ladon and run up the mountain as he advances on Bianca.