Chapter 34 - A Dream Come True

Watch the video on the top first before you start reading this. I'll say something about it at the end of this chapter ☺

~~~~~~

Colin's pov
Over the last 2 days we spent in Roeselare, we had a lot of fun.

But after a week of being here, it was time to go to another city.

Bruges. Or Brugge in Dutch.

It is such a beautiful city

It is such a beautiful city. We went on a boat trip through the city. It was so much fun. And they had a Starbucks in the train station! I can't tell you how much I missed my Starbucks. And then I'm not even talking about Jen ...

Anyways, we had a lot of fun. And a lot of other fun. If you know what I mean. We stayed there for 4 days and then went to the next city.

The next city was Gent. Well, at least, that's the Dutch name. I have no idea how it's called in English. I was never good at Geography anyway.

We actually went to see a movie there. I don't remember the name of the movie tho. And it's not like we saw a lot of it anyway because we were in the back row. But what we saw from the movie, was actually good. Well, not as good as any CaptainSwan scene of course. But the CaptainSwan scenes have of course a handsome actor and a stunning actress in it, so it is really hard to top that.

After 3 days of being in Gent, we went to Mechelen. Again, and I must be honest, a really nice city. We only stayed for 2 days though. The first day we went shopping, like we did in every city we went and we also gonna do in the cities we are going to go yet. I'm seriously thinking I'm gonna go broke with all that shopping.

The second day, we went to Planckendael. It's a zoo. And there were a lot of animals. Obviously. My favorites from the day were the penguins. And actually they were Jen's as well. You could get like really close to them. You could even touch them if you wanted to. But we didn't do that because it wasn't allowed. But we did feed them. There's like a certain hour when you can do that. And we did it.

When we were going to the exit at the end of the day, Jen was like a little child. I'm being serious.

"Babe, babe, Colin, I wanna have a stuffed penguin."

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Uhm, yes! Please, babe. Can I have one?"

(Sidenote: I was writing this and I missed and then there was "can I jab one?" And I was like "is not gonna happen"
"when I jab you with my sword,you'll feel it..." 😏😏😏 sorrynotsorry)

"Alright," I sighed. "Let's go get one before I change my mind."

She dragged me inside the shop and took a stuffed penguin. I payed it and we walked back to the car and I started driving to the next city while Jen was cuddling with her penguin. Slowly drifting to sleep as I drove. I smiled at the sight. Seeing my wife happy like this. But I couldn't help but be afraid. Yes, I know I should be happy about the fact that I'm married, that I'm going to be a father again, but I was scared. Because that's how it went with Helen. In the beginning Evan was born, our marriage went really well, but once he was over a year old, our marriage slowly started falling apart. And I don't want this to happen with Jen and me. I love her too much for that.

Jen's pov
When I woke up the next morning, I found that I was in a bed. Colin's arms tightly wrapped around me. I think that Colin probably had carried me to our room when we arrived here. I turned around so I was facing Colin. I started to carefully caress his face. I can't even put in words how much I love this man. He's so sweet and caring. I know he's gonna be a great father. Because he is a great father to Evan. Even though he sees him a lot less now since the divorce. After Helen had moved back to Ireland, she and Colin had agreed that Evan would stay with her through the year, but that Colin could have him in the vacations. A lot less than before, but at least he still go to see his son. I'm gonna be honest, I'm secretly hoping it's gonna be a girl. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Suddenly, I ran to the toilet again and threw up. I felt warm hands on my back.

"Are you okay?" Colin asked in a still sleepy voice.

"I'm fine."

I brushed my teeth and then turned to Colin.

"Good morning, babe. Slept well?"

"I did. And I guess you did as well, because you're so happy and energetic."

"Yeah, I did. Must've been the penguin," I giggled.

"Yeah, it sure has been the penguin," he smirked.

I kissed him.

"Mm, I love you."

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

"For a matter of fact, it is. I love you most."

"Okay okay, let's get breakfast."

"Okay," he smiled.

We got breakfast after we got dressed. And I must say, Leuven is just breathtakingly beautiful. It looks a bit like Brugge.

The people are very nice and we almost don't get recognized. I say almost because we did get recognized twice here.

We enjoyed out three days here, but then it was time to go to Brussels. We would stay there for 4 days before we would leave to go back to America.

Colin and I have been through a lot together. And not only on our honeymoon. Or our relationship. Even before we started dating. I don't think I could've wished for a better best friend, husband or father of our unborn child. I don't think any girl could wish for a man as sweet, caring and loving as Colin. This really was:

A Dream Come True.

~~~~~~

So, about that video, HAVE YOU SEEN THAT LAST "SCENE" 😱😱 I saw it this morning, I was still half asleep, I had just woken up and when I saw that, I was fully awake. I'm really gonna die Sunday. Well, Monday actually. And I'm probably even gonna have to watch it Tuesday because a friend of mine is not sure she can watch it Monday  (Hi, friend👋🙌🙈😹)

One chapter left, guys.

That one will be uploaded on Sunday. Adam and Eddy will already make us suffer so I will make you suffer more ...

See ya in the last chapter 😭😭

(Fun fact: have you seen the swans in the picture from Bruges I put in it??)