But I know how I feel about you now"

"Alright…" Mr. Clarkson laughed again, "I believe you're very excited about this."

I clenched the hand not carrying my phone, "Not to be a little over-obsessive, but I've been dreaming of joining your program since I was in the fifth grade."

"Not a day, pass me by

Not a day, pass me by

When I don't think about you

And there's no moving on

Cause I know you're the one

And I can't be without you"

I paused for a moment before continuing, "Can you say hello to Lilly if you have the chance. I would love to talk to her again."

"I'll do that for you."

"Thank you so much Mr. Clarkson. It means a lot to me."

"Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down

But I know how I feel about you now

Yeah I know how I feel about you now"

"No problem."

Before he hung up, I remembered something, "Wait!"

"Yes?"

I bit my lip and glanced up, hoping that Mr. Clarkson wouldn't take my next comment the wrong way, "Please don't sign me up as Rachael Anderson. It's Rachael Hughes."

"Congratulations, Mrs. Hughes." And with that, the phone disconnected my call. I sighed with joyous relief and leaned back on my floral decorated chair, letting my long brown hair flow over the back of it.

Jerome, who sat to my right, tapped me on the shoulder, "Who was on the phone?"

"No one…" I groaned, a mischievous grin appearing on my face.

"Who was it?" Jerome begun to create one of those derpy faces I always laughed at. When I attempted to ignore him, the bacca continued to move his chair closer to mine.  getting in my face, "Who was it? Who was it? Who was it?"

"Jerome!" I burst, whispering, finally turning towards him, "It was the guy from UCLA. He wants me in that theater program. Don't tell Mitch. I want to be the one…"

"Mitch!" I covered my ears as soon as Jerome's voice rang out, "Guess what biggums?!"

Mitch tiredly glanced over his shoulder to find Jerome flailing his arms high above his head to get Mitch's attention even though his friend sat two seats away.

"What, Jerome?" Mitch chuckled, exhausted from a long day.

"Ray got accepted in UCLA again!"

Mitch faced forward for a moment, then spinning his chair to face me. He immediately kissed me on the lips.

"Ray! You got into college! The school you always wanted to go!" Mitch announced, excited, "But… it's in Los Angeles."

Jerome answered for me, "We move to LA!"

"Move?"

I hesitantly nodded and patted Mitch on the shoulder, "I know it'll be hard to move away from here. It's beautiful in Washington. But if you want me to be happy, please come with me to Cali."