Chapter 20

Nick

I was still working, while Demi was busy planning our wedding. I was writing & producing for several different artists & enjoying it all. I was also auditioning for movies & getting offers for television shows. I planned to do a few guest spots on a few shows & was waiting to hear if I got any of the movies I auditioned for. I didn't care either way, since I had a lot going on anyway, but would be excited if I did have a movie to do. It would have to mesh with my schedule as well. I also tried to help out with wedding stuff whenever I could.

After 'Jonas Ever After' finished taping, Demi & I decided to take a trip together. We needed to get away from wedding stuff & just be alone since we had cameras with us for so long. We decided to take a trip to Italy, since riding in a gondola was on the bucket list. We planned the trip for a week toward the end of July. We did the gondola ride. Check. We also rented a bicycle in a park in the city & Demi rode on the handlebars. Check. We also saw a few shows, went to the museums & visited other attractions. It was an amazing time & incredibly romantic. It was nice to unwind & not think about the wedding every second.

When we returned home from Italy, we got right back into wedding stuff or work. I picked out my tuxedo & I helped Demi with the wedding list as the RSVP's came flooding in. Things were moving along. It was all happening so fast.

About a week after we got back from our vacation, Demi & I were going through our mail & adding guests, who RSVP'd, to our guest list. I was marking the guests as Demi opened the envelopes. Her feet were resting in my lap & in between writing I would rub them. Every time I did, she would smile.

"That's the last of them." Demi said, as she placed the last envelope on the coffee table. She sighed & stretched out her legs, leaning back a little more. I put the wedding list on the table & held her feet in my hands, rubbing them, gently. Demi kept grinning at me as my hand drifted from her foot to her calf, then up to her thigh. She was only wearing an oversized tshirt, so my hand went underneath it. As my hand massaged her thigh upwards, closing in on her sweet spot, she giggled. "What do you think about waiting until we're married to have sex?"

My brow furrowed as I made a face at her. "Starting tomorrow?" I mumbled as my fingers grazed the silk of her panties. My eyes met hers & she watched me with a sweet expression.

Suddenly, she was on my lap, her arms wrapped around my neck. Her warm breath was on my mouth as she said, "I was thinking we would start now." Her voice was low & sexy & it made me instantly hard.

"I think tomorrow would be better." I smiled as my lips met hers.

Demi's head cocked to one side as she bit her lip & looked up at the ceiling. She was smiling as her fingers played with my hair at the nape of my neck. I was getting goosebumps. My hand went up to her neck & I brushed her hair off her shoulder. My lips went to her jawline, then moved, slowly, down her neck. She let out a soft sigh. "You sure tomorrow wouldn't be better?" I murmured into her ear, as I pulled her close.

Demi pulled herself away from me, laughing. "I promise that I will be worth the wait."

"I already know that." I laughed.

She climbed off my lap & cuddled next to me. She had the remote in her hand & I sighed as she flipped through the channels to find something to watch. I kissed the side of her head. "I won't tease you either." She whispered.

I chuckled. "Baby, you don't have to tease me for this to be difficult. I want you when I see you walk or brush your teeth or just standing there, breathing."

Demi looked up at me, smiling. "Should I stay with Marissa until the wedding?"

I shook my head, quickly. "No. I'll be fine. I will just take a lot of cold showers." I winked at her & she put her head back on my shoulder, then put her arms around my waist. The next few months were definitely going to be difficult. I would have to figure out other ways to satisfy my needs.