Chapter 18

Nick

When the Grammy Awards were over, we went to a few of the hottest after parties. We rubbed elbows with the biggest names in the business. It was an amazing night & I couldn't believe the conversations I was having with people. We were respected as musicians & it felt incredible. Demi was smiling every time I looked at her from across the room. She looked so radiant, I couldn't help but to smile & fall in love with her over & over again that night. I would undress her in my mind & imagine her doing naughty things. She would laugh & turn her back to me & that just made me more crazy. Did she do it on purpose? She knew how much I loved her ass.

Near the end of the evening, I saw Demi talking to a few of the guys from One Direction & the way she smiled & batted her lashes at Niall made me a little jealous. I knew they were friends, but still I watched them & I couldn't help the feelings I had. I hardly ever got jealous like that when Demi talked with other guys, but something about tonight brought out my little green monster. Niall leaned into Demi as he laughed like she was the funniest person he'd ever met. Demi touched his arm & the way her hand lingered on his bicep made me crazy. I headed in their direction.

Louis was standing next to Niall & smiled as I approached, sticking out his hand to shake mine. "Hi, sir. Congrats on your wins this evening." Louis said.

Demi put her arm around my waist as I took my place beside her. Niall congratulated me as well & I thanked them both. "You guys making moves on my girl?" I asked, trying to sound as if I was kidding.

Niall & Louis laughed as they glanced at each other. Niall spoke first. "Just moves in the musical direction. We want Demi to sing on our next album. She is golden now."

I raised my eyebrows & grinned at him. "She is." I laughed under my breath.

"You are, too, ya know?" Louis added. "We may have to see about having you co-producing our album. Or writing some songs or both."

"I'd be honored. Just let me know." I smiled. I was fine with me working with them, but for some reason I didn't want Demi singing with them. What was my problem? I felt like I had no right to feel this way & she wasn't mine to control. It was weird that now I felt like I didn't want her to sing with anyone besides me.

On our way home later, Demi leaned on my shoulder in the limo & I heard her sigh. "You had a long night. I bet you're tired." I said in a low voice, leaning my cheek on the top of her head.

Demi tilted her head up to look at me. "This day was incredible. I can't believe we won & I can't believe all the music legends I met tonight. I mean Celine Dion congratulated me & told me she would love to do a duet sometime. Can you believe it?"

"That's amazing." I responded. I felt Demi's hand on my chest. I put my hand over hers & kissed her head. "I feel a bit stupid for feeling this way, but I really don't want you singing with the One D guys."

Demi chuckled as she leaned her head back to look at me with her mouth open. "What? Why?"

I shrugged, looking away. "I think I just don't want you singing with other guys." I looked down at her & she had the cutest grin on her face. "I know. I don't own you. You can do whatever you like." I kissed her forehead.

Demi giggled as she covered her mouth. "You're so adorable." Demi snuggled into me. "Can I tell you a secret?" she whispered.

"Sure."

"I don't want you singing with other girls." she said, just above a whisper. I smiled, but said nothing. I just pulled her closer to me. After several minutes of silence, she sighed again. "Is that wrong of me?"