Chapter 5

Demi

The months before the wedding were very interesting to say the least. First there was the bridal shower that I helped Carol throw & Olivia, of course, was invited. Luckily, I was too busy to really talk to her. The shower was the first weekend of March & it was before Olivia made the comment about my book being trash, thankfully. It was still weird being there with her & all of Nick's family & friends. I think people were weirded out by it, too, like they would offend me if they talked to her & vice verse. I tried to just keep busy & not mingle too much. Olivia was cordial to me when she was near me. I got a feeling that she was only nice to me when someone was around. Maybe I was just reading into it wrong. It also seem that whenever I was in earshot, Olivia seemed to be talking about what she wanted at her wedding to Nick. Or my personal favorite was when I overheard her talking to Kaja, about something sexy Nick did. Girl, I could write a book for you on Nick's sexiness.  

The bachelorette party was worse than that because Olivia had made the comment, about my book, at that point & I was pissed. The party, thank God, consisted of a lot of girls, so I tried to avoid Olivia. I hung out with Dani, mostly, who wasn't drinking. I suspected she was either pregnant or trying to get pregnant again, but I didn't ask. We all took Blanda to a male revue in Hollywood. Then afterwards we had a hotel booked, so the next day we could have a day of relaxation. We planned a spa day with massages & hot tubbing. We pampered ourselves for sure & it was heavenly. Blanda had a great time, even if it was uncomfortable for me. I used my handy acting skills once again. Olivia & I tried to avoid each other during our hours of pampering. If we couldn't avoid each other, then I was so nice it was painful. I was trying to make her feel bad about the comment.  

At the rehearsal dinner, a week after the bachelorette party, Olivia came up to me before her & Nick left. At first I thought it was only because she wanted to please Nick, but after what she said, I thought maybe it was genuine sentiment. 

"Demi?" Olivia touched my arm & I turned to face her, not smiling. "I wanted to first apologize for the comment I made to the paparazzi about your book. I was having a bad day & feeling insecure & it just kind of came out. I didn't mean what I said & I am really sorry." 

My expression softened, as I caught sight of Nick over Olivia's shoulder. He was standing with his brothers, but watching us. I smiled at Olivia. "I forgive you. Thank you for apologizing & I'm sure it all hasn't been easy on you. The papperz can be ruthless." 

Olivia smiled & let out a sigh of relief. "They can be. I feel bad for you having to deal with it all the time. Anyway, Nick & I are about to leave, but I had to tell you that I loved your book." 

My eyes widened with surprise

My eyes widened with surprise. "You read it?" 

Olivia nodded. "Yes & I am so glad I did. It is great to get to know you on a personal & intimate level. I respect all that you have accomplished with all you have been through. You are incredibly strong & I can see why Nick loved you. I had to tell you that I enjoyed reading it." Maybe I was wrong but it seemed as if she emphasized the word loved. It was like she was reiterating the fact that nick was with her & not with me.