Chapter 2

Nick

It was a cold, rainy day in New York, in October, when I came home, to find Olivia stomping around. I was planning on moving out of New York the next year, once my lease was up. Olivia didn't live with me, but she was there so much, that she may as well have. I was moving back to L.A. just after the new year. I wasn't sure if it would be temporary or permanent. I just needed to get back to L.A. to work on music with other artists. I loved New York & I would definitely be back, but for now, I was concentrating on the music writing & producing part of my career, as well as my acting. I was really getting into the movies & television acting roles as opposed to Broadway. Working in theater was too time consuming & I it didn't give me enough time to do the other things I wanted to do. Olivia was moving to L.A. to pursue a career in the entertainment business as well. She was wanting to get into entertainment news or hosting a television show. 

"Are you mad about something?" I asked Olivia as she flew passed me, grabbing some things & putting them into a box.  

"Just packing up some of your things. You mentioned the other day that you wanted to start packing up some stuff since the holidays were coming & you didn't want to have to do everything after they were over." Olivia stopped a few feet from me to look at me. "I'm sorry. I was bored & needed something to do until you got home." She came to me & gave me a quick kiss. "How was your day?" 

"Great. Meetings went awesome. I'm excited to put together some artist showcases & find some new talent." I threw a pile of mail on the dining room table & kissed Olivia again. 

Olivia looked at the mail. "What's this?" She picked up an envelope. "It's addressed to both of us." She opened the letter as I shrugged my shoulders at her. "It's an invite to Blanda & Joe's engagement party." 

"Oh. I wasn't sure if they would have a party or not. Guess they decided to." I walked to hang up my jacket & bag & then went to the kitchen to grab a water. As I took a sip I heard Olivia sigh, loudly & then make a sound of aggravation. "What's wrong?" I yelled into the dining room. I looked through the opening over the breakfast bar to see her frowning. She walked over to the counter & leaned on her elbow as she gave me a look of annoyance.  

"Joe asked you to be his best man, right?" Olivia asked

"Joe asked you to be his best man, right?" Olivia asked. I nodded & she rolled her eyes. "And he also asked Jim?" I nodded again, wondering what the questions were about. "So Carol is her matron of honor... and guess who is her maid of honor?" 

I shook my head, shrugged my shoulders & took another drink. "No idea, babe. Joe & I don't discuss that stuff." I let out a small laugh.  

Olivia pursed her lips, tossed the invitation toward me & crossed her arms. "Demi." she said in a cold tone of voice. "Her & Carol are throwing the party." 

"Oh." I was surprised a little. I knew Blanda & Demi had become really good friends, but she had friends & family that she was closer to. A part of me was excited to hear this news. It meant I got to see Demi again, sooner than I thought. "Well that's cool." I tried to sound matter-of-factly. I walked around to the dining room. "I'm gonna take a shower. Want to join me?" I smiled at Olivia, giving her a wink.