Chapter 1

Author's Note: This is the third book in a series so if you haven't read the previous books, you might want to check them out. "Maybe Forever" is first book, "You, for Me, Forever" is second book. Enjoy! Thanks for reading!!! 

Demi

It took a long time to stop thinking about Nick, everyday, after our goodbye in L.A. I missed him so much. I was thankful, I was able to keep busy with traveling, the Xfactor & then my tour in 2014. Nick did come to a show on the Neon Lights tour, but he didn't come backstage or even tell me he was coming. I imagined it was because he didn't want me & Olivia to meet. I was fine with that because I wasn't sure I could handle them live in person. Seeing them on tv or online was bad enough. 

I tried really hard to be happy with Wilmer, but I compared him to Nick all the time. I loved Wilmer, but I couldn't love him the way I loved Nick. I loved Wilmer as my best friend, but never felt like my love was deep for him. It always felt like he was just my best friend. Our sex life was awesome, however. It was just sex for me. It was never intense like it was with Nick. It was never sensual or intimate the way it was with Nick. It was mostly physical with Wilmer. I tried to look into his eyes once & I couldn't do it. I felt awkward & thought his faces looked weird. Once I almost busted out laughing when I opened my eyes to look at him, during sex. Needless to say, I didn't do that again. Wilmer never seemed to want to look at me either. I guess I should have taken that as a sign that we weren't meant to be. 

Nick & I talked & texted once or twice a week usually, but it was nearly a year before I saw him in person after that October day in 2013. It was in late July of 2014, that Nick & I were at the same event. It was at a movie premiere that our friend, Dani Vitale, was in. Some kind of dance movie & she was in it as a supporting character. It was a big break for her, so I was so proud. Her & Wilmer were also very good friends, so we both attended. I didn't see Nick at the actual premiere, but ran into him at the party afterwards. He was standing with Olivia at the bar, talking to Dani. 

I held my breath as Wilmer & I made our way to Dani, since she was motioning for us to come to her

I held my breath as Wilmer & I made our way to Dani, since she was motioning for us to come to her. Nick hadn't seen me yet. His back was to us. I saw his hand resting on the small of Olivia's back. Was this going to be awkward or would it be just like it always used to be. Would it hurt my heart to see his gorgeous brown eyes? It was making me feel queasy to see his hand on his girlfriend's back, gently caressing her, so his fingers sometimes went on her ass.  

Nick turned just a little & caught sight of me. His smile made me go weak in the knees. I smiled back at him & he let go of Olivia to hug me. "It's so good to see you, Dem." He murmured in my ear. I looked over his shoulder to see Olivia smiling, but not a real one. This was a fake & forced smile. It seems someone was jealous. 

"Good to see you, too, Jonas." I hugged him tight & didn't want to let go. 

Wilmer hugged Dani, then shook Nick's hand. Wilmer gave Olivia a warm smile, while i hugged Dani. Wilmer put his arm around my waist, as Nick did the same to Olivia. "Demi, this is Olivia." Nick said. I appreciated that he didn't refer to her as his girlfriend. I would have died a little. It was bad enough I had to see it in print online or in magazines anytime someone spoke of her.