Chapter 10

Katie's pov

On our way out, Percy asks Travis and me if we'd take Juli and Justin since they'd be likely to blab. We buckle in car seats and then the kids, and we drive off to the nearest city to shop for supplies.

Our shopping list: Streamers, Cake, Other snacks, Banner, Xmas lights, Disco Ball, Pinata, Anything we think would work

So with those specific instructions, we went into a Target and headed straight to the party aisle. Justin and Juli are very obedient, which surprises me. Juli tells me solemnly,"Once we were at a store and this man grabbed me and he started to turn into a monster, but Daddy killed him with his pen."

I tell them that Travis and I would do the same, and they loosen up, running up and down the aisle, pointing at random stuff, saying, "Get that! And that! Oh, Mommy will love that chocolate fountain!" I say no to the chocolate fountain, but suddenly I am on the losing side, three against one. Then a bunch of people shopping started to chant, "Get the fountain! Get the fountain!" So I grabbed it and Travis plants a huge kiss on me, and I would blush from everyone cheering, but I enjoyed it too much.

We get the majority of the items, plus some firecrackers and sparklers. Then we head to Family Dollar because a cashier assured me that they would have streamers.

After Family Dollar, we go to a grocery store and get groceries and a cake, which we have the baker frost on,

Happy First Anniversary, Percabeth

I can tell the kids are tired because they were dragging their feet. We pull up in a parking lot, and I announce, " Last stop, Toys-R-Us" They both yell in excitement.

We tell them that they can pick out one toy each, and Juli gets a Little people princess set and Justin gets a Little people Star Wars set. Then Travis and I stroll through the Baby section, talking about how we'll do the baby's room. As we check out, the cashier tells us, "You are a beautiful family!"

It warms me down to the tips of my toes, a tingly, almost magical feeling.

Percy and Piper are waiting in the garage as we park, and they take all the party items. Piper returns with Annabeth, who is looking a little confused about how we're all avoiding her. Then Juli holds up her toy and starts chattering excitedly about it, and Annabeth talks to her while Justin and Piper do the same. They end it with Piper telling Justin to find his dad to set it up and Annabeth does the same. As we head in, Annabeth says softly, "You are going to be a wonderful mother."

Warmth spreads again through my body.

I hide the cake on the bus with the chocolate fountain, which had to be hid because all of the men who were trying to get it open. Luckily, whoever packaged it was smart enough to make scissors needed, and the guys were to busy drooling.

That evening, Travis and I sit in the empty baby room with furniture catalogs and pick out furnitures and talk about baby names.

When we were cuddling in bed, Travis whispers, "I can't wait to make our family."

My body has been very warm today.

AN/    That's all I have for tonight, but the party will be next, mostly in Annabeth's POV. I hope you enjoyed!