Im glad im doing this.. im glad I'm leaving.

I can understand his love for the pup.. but i cant understand his dismissal of me.. begging me to support him. To understand.

I can't.

As i walked further down the dirt road, the moons silver light lighting my way, I felt the hole where my heart should be, quiver.. The need to be with my mate. To calm me.. I couldn't relish in that delicacy.. I only had one person to rely on.

Myself. And my wolf.

Approaching the front yard of the pack house, there were wolves crowded around. Picking up my pace, curiosity getting the best of me, i saw two stretchers being loaded into two seperate trucks. One held a bloodied and beaten Zaryn, naked from the shift.. the other, Grace. Still unconscious from when I saw them earlier.

This couldn't be good.

My brother.. Nic. He was fully clothed ..and he was shouting something at one of the other wolves as he helped load Grace in the back of truck, hopping in with her.

I picked my legs up, running to the truck before it could head down the road to Doc's. Bounding up to the tailgate, Nic turned to me.. his expression one of worry. He was bleeding from his lip and had gouges in his skin.. a bruise forming on his jaw.

"What happened!?" I shouted up to him over the roar of the engine.

Glancing down at Grace, then me.. he came to the edge of the truck bed, face flustered from the fight.

"I kicked your mates ass is what happened. He thinks he has rights to her just because she is carrying his pup.. he doesn't! He's hurt. My wolf sunk its teeth in his fore leg, the tendons are mauled but he'll live. For now." His eyes flashed dangerously. I peered into the truck at grace who was lying on the stretcher.. on her back. My wolf wanted to eacape then.. she was lying right there for the taking.. no one would be able to stop her if she went through with it.

Nic looked down to where i was looking. "Grace went into hysterics when i took her away from thr trials. She had a panic attack..she said her stomach was cramping up then passed out in my arms just as Zaryn ran for me. He tried to wrench her body out of my arms so i kicked him in the gut and placed Grace down. Thats when we shifted and you came. Thank by the way." His mossy eyes met mine.

I frowned. "For what?"

"For not going to get someone. For not breaking up the fight. My wolf needed that. He needed to put Zaryn in his place. He doesn't deserve you Nova. I dont either. You are better than all of us." The corner of his mouth lifted slightly as he gave me a small smile before smacking the tail gate of the truck, signaling he was ready to go. "Oh get ready Nova!" He shouted. "The males are already talking about challenging zaryn and Deacon!"

The truck took off down the dirt road towards Doc's as i stood there, dust billowing in the air around me.. taking everything in.

I paled at his parting words.. those challenges would come in full force

My wolf whined.. wanting to go to her mate. To comfort him.

I, however, didn't want to be in the same room with him let alone the same building. He got what he deserved. My wolf was becoming harder and harder to stuff back down deep inside myself.. she was becoming so strong that it was taking so much effort on my part to force her out of my mind.