Percabeth happily dies

Start from the beginning

She tore open the envelope and pulled a piece of paper out.

For my dearest Annabeth, she read. When did Percy become so cheesy?

Now, before you go all 'When did Percy become so cheesy?', I'd like you to know that I haven't. I was just trying it out before Uncle H gets ahold of us. Annabeth gave a short laugh, her lungs burning. Seaweed Brain, she thought.

I love you, Wise Girl. We've been through everything together. Best friends since 12, dating since 16, married for 109 years. We've been through that T-hole together. Not even that stopped us from being with each other.

I can't believe it's a wall right now. All I want to do is to hold you in my arms and be able to call you mine again. But, alas, I swear I can see Death in the corner. Literally.

If you can, ask the nurses if we can be together for our last moments. My life's adventure started when I met you, and I want it to end with you. Hopefully, we'll both get Elysium. Maybe even try for rebirth, but we'll talk about that later.

Don't worry. Our friends are waiting for us there. And you'll be the last thought in my mind. Here's a picture of when we were sixteen, back in those good ol' days.

Luke and Silena will hold out. They've got the blessings of their namesakes, and their middle-name-namesakes. And they've got their families. They know their time is near, too.

But will all the love I can put into this measly little letter (which, mind you, took forever to write with dyslexia),

Your Seaweed Brain, Perseus Jackson.

Annabeth wiped the tears she hadn't noticed were forming around her eyes away. She heard sniffling and turned her head.

The nurse was standing behind her, eyes brimming with tears.

"Oh- oh, I'm so sorry," she apologized. "I didn't know you were married. I'll get him over here right away!" She hurried off.

Annabeth shook the envelope, and a small piece of photo paper fluttered out. She picked it up and studied it.

It was a picture of her, Percy, the rest of the seven, plus Thalia and Nico, standing in front of the Parthenon – now with the Athena Parthenos inside – in Greece, right after Gaea had been lulled back to sleep.

She was sitting on the ground, in between Percy's legs. They were both grinning. Behind them, Jason and Leo each had an arm around Piper's shoulders, only Jason was also pressing a kiss to her forehead. Thalia stood next to Jason, laughing and ruffling his hair. Hazel and Frank stood side-by-side, holding hands, smiling hugely. Even Nico, the little emotionless rock, was smiling. He was lying on the ground, legs kicked out and his arms behind his head.

She couldn't help but think about them.

As it turns out, they had all made it to the Isles of the Blessed. Jason and Piper had died about two months ago, also in the hospital. Nico was his father's immortal Lieutenant, as Thalia was Artemis'. Leo had died a natural death as well, but in his home rather than in a hospital.

Frank had been wounded severely in battle, while in eagle form. As he fell, his body shape-shifted back into a human form, unfortunately. He slammed into the ground all of his bones breaking and killing him on impact.

Hazel had died not long after.

She was yanked out of her thoughts when the nurse came back in, wheeling in a man with messy black hair and sea green eyes.

"Percy!" she exclaimed as loud as she could, which, wasn't so loud. he broke into a grin and was helped up by the nurse. He walked to her bed and slipped under the covers with her, his arms wound around her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck.