The lighting was dim.. those green lamps overhead that you see in that painting where the dogs are playing poker? Those 'tiffany' lamps were placed all around, allowing the dimness of the bar to achieve a sort of glow.

Conrad's tall muscled body moved ahead of me, his jeans tight with the way he walked and flannel shirt stretching over large arms.. his style seeming to go with the atmosphere.

I suddenly felt out of place as i glanced around with wide eyes. Men playing pool were eyeing me, saying things i could hear with my wolfs ear.. how they wanted me.

My forehead creased in anger but a low rumble.. a growl caught my attention. I snapped my head towards Conrad who was glaring at the men.. snarling at them. Instantly they nutted up and looked down, going back to their game of pool as if nothing had happened.

Dirty old men.

"Come on sidle up here and we'll have that drink Nova." Conrad (i so want to call him alcide its killing me) pulled out a high top bar stool for me and sat in the one next to it. My eyes lingered... noting how broad he was.. No one would mess with me with Conrad around..

Climbing up the seat, i made myself comfortable and peered at Conrad who always wore that blank mask.. as if he had trained all his life to do so.

A slow rythmic rock and roll song played in the background lightly. Nothing too overbearing. I knew it.. it was called simple man by lynyrd skynyrd.

"Nova, this here is shortie.. the fat one." His lips pulled up at the corners a little. My eyes went to the older short man who quickly defended himself.

"Conrad i told you i aint fat! There's extra to love, right darlin?" He grinned at me showing off a missing tooth as he winked.

Containing my laughter, i pressed my hand over my mouth as i nodded quickly, his grin beaming at me ten fold as he dried a beer mug with a clean towel. He took me seriously.

Conrad leaned over slightly, voice so deep. "And that kid over there is Bradley. He's Shortie's nephew." Nodding to Bradley who was a tall skinny thing.. not much weight on him at all but he had pretty eyes..

I nodded, flashing a smile at Bradley who stilled, flabbergasted a girl smiled at him, while Conrad and Shortie went back and forth with their insults.

"So what do you want?" Conrad turned to me, voice alto and gruff. My green eyes found his blue ones.. a dark midnight blue that seemed to remind me of a starry night.

"Ill just have a glass of moscato." I gave him a small smile, blushing slightly at my inexperience to alcohol.

His brows furrowed. "You cant drink your sorrows away with moscato " it was said as if it were an ugly word. My brow arched.

"Umm well i dont drink.. only once I've tried it and it was tequila.. and... i might be.. i dont know if i might be.. -" i bit my lip as i glanced down.

"Pregnant?" He rose a dark brow. Lifting my gaze, I sighed sadly, nodding my head as i found the wooden bar very interesting.

He seemed to think for a moment as i stayed focused on the old wooden bar, its polish flaking off.... names carved in it from many a years.

"Alright" he smacked the bar with a heavy hand. "im goin to order you a drink. You'll like it. Its that fruity shít girls love." He then leaned in to me "And you mated three days ago. It won't kill you to have a few drinks scouts honor. Its nothing but a bunch of cells right now if you are indeed pregnant. In a few weeks is when you really need to batton down the hatches." He chuckled, pulling away. "Shortie let me get a tall stella with a jack backer. Straight up. And.... uhh.. a surfer on acid. Drink.. not the shot." He called out to Shortie who nodded and winked, bustling to get the order ready.