Making up

"Hey Nikki."

"Hey Dylan, are you feeling any better?"

"Not really." He sighed and sat down.

"Well I thought John would have told you, but i think you need some cheering up." I said with a smile.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean how I got even for you."

"With what?"

"Taylor." He raised his eyebrows, either in curiousity or confusion.

"What did you do?"

"I had her convinced for the last month she was pregnant." He smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I also had her so stressed over it that she skipped her period." I saw the smile widen.

"How did you do that?"

"It wasn't apart of my orginial plan but it just worked out that way."

"Ha, that's good."

"You should have heard her freak out. I told her pregnancy wouldn't work for a month, when I think some can work in two weeks." He laughed slightly.

"Thanks."

"It's the least I could do, and trust me, it was a lot of fun."

"Sounds like it."

"Best laugh of my life."

"Lasting a whole month." He said, he was losing the laughter in his voice.

"Oh I forgot to tell you one other thing."

"What's that?"

"No guy wants to date Taylor anymore because they heard a nasty rumor that she's got STD's." I think I saw him smile.

"Did you do that?"

"I can honestly say I didn't, but I wish I had." I said. "Did you really not know?"

"No, I'm always the last to know."

"Well, now you know. Just remember that I have your back."

"I know." The bell rang, dismissing us to our classes. We hugged good-bye and said 'see you later'.

While sitting at lunch, John taps me on my shoulder.

"Nikki?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I buy Taylor milk?" Sarah and I look at each other then at him confused.

"Why are you asking me if you can do something?" I questioned.

"Because I don't want you to yell at me later. Watching you do it to Taylor scared the hell out of everyone, the guys in ROTC heard of it and staying clear of you. No one wants to get yelled at like that, it's scary to see. I don't want to know what it feels like to be yelled at." He explained.

"Ugh, yeah you can buy her milk." I waved my hands in the 'I don't care' way but felt the smile form on my face as they left.

"Nikki, you have the army people scared of you." Sarah laughed.

"Was it that scary?"

"Well, I'll this, I didn't want to be Taylor at that time."

"Scary?" I asked again.

"Oh yeah, then you come back and act normal. It's scary."

"Although, getting asked constantly by people if they can do stuff for Taylor will get annoying..."

"Not really." Sarah said.

"How so?"

"Think about it. How bad could you make her day with people asking you if they can help her?" We smiled, a devious plan formed in our minds.

"Yeah, I guess, but even I'm not that mean. I think I got even."

"Does Dylan know what you did?"

"Yeah I told him this morning."

"What did he say?"

"He said thanks and laughed."

"You got him to laugh?!" Her jaw dropped at the thought.

"I know it's shocking right?" I said jokingly.

"Oh yeah, I didn't know he had the ability to smile."I felt my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket. "Who's texting you?" Sarah asks.

"It's Dylan."

"What's he want?"

"He wants to hang out this weekend."

"And do what?"

"Video games."

"Can you even play video games?" She smiled, so I knew she was trying to be funny.

"Not really, unless it's Zelda, but I can learn." She laughed.

"There won't be swords and chickens in his games Nikki."

"You mean I don't get to go to a temple and kill the monster that lives there in order to save Princess Zelda and take her safely back to Hyrule!?" I pretended to be worried.

"Yeah, I think he'll play Call of Duty."

"That's so upsetting....." I used my finger to draw a 'tear' down my face.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to save Zelda another time."

"Like in phatom hourglass, where I had to hunt down the ship that took her! Although she was a pirate at the time, and when I found her she was stone... Then I had to defeat the entire game to set her out of stone!"

"I know! It was such a waste of time! I kinda forgot that I had to save her.... If it wasn't for the constant reminders for Ciela I would have forgotten." We laughed, then she continued. "But I think you could learn Call of Duty pretty fast."

"Yeah and if not, I tried."

"True, but good luck I still can't figure out how to shoot." Sarah smiled.

"You are the reason girls aren't seen as able to play video games and we should cook instead."

"And you're the reason girls shouldn't cook..." She raised her eye brows at me.

"It was one time! My sister said she would be back and she was an hour late! I don't count putting a pop tart in the toaster as cooking!" I argued.

"Yet you still somehow set the toaster on fire..."

"Smartass." I got up, collected my things just as the bell rang.

"Don't worry Nikki, it's ok. Marry a guy that can cook."

"Yeah then he can teach me." We laughed, walking to our separet classes.

"By the way, you sound like Catherine when you say that." I said.

"Then we must be right." She stated before walking in to physics.