0_11

Reed.

I enter the house, sighing in relief while dropping my belongings. It's been another long day at the office and to say I'm beat is a understatement, I'm exhausted. I flick on the light in the kitchen, opening the refrigerator to get me something to drink. Water seems the best decision right now. That's all we really have and the liquor is Darius', not that I was going to drink that anyway. 

I hear the bedroom door open, furrowing my eyebrows to Darius all dressed up with a fresh cut. His famous Polo cologne hitting my senses as he grabs his keys. He enters the kitchen and takes the two long Wine and Spirit bags off the counter, not even acknowledging my presence. I've been gone all day, and he's just going to act like he doesn't see me? What the hell is his problem?

"Well hello to you too." I greet with attitude. Darius turns around with a confused look on his face. I could tell he was just trying to be funny but I wasn't laughing.

"Oh, you finally noticed a nigga huh? I thought my ass was invisible." He scoffs and laughs, shaking his head. I raise one brow and lower the other.

"What are you talking about?" I question irritably.

"Nothing. Are you coming, or are you gone sit home and play on that damn iPad all night like you always do?" He questions fixing his watch on his wrist. I jolt my head back caught completely off guard.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me De. You coming or not?" He questions dryly. I cross my arms across my chest, tilting my head to side with a straight face.

"No. I'll stay home and play on my got damn iPad all night like I normally do." I retort, rolling my eyes as I storm to our bedroom. I flop down on the bed, watching Darius walk pass the room while shrugging his shoulders. The front door slams and I get up, traveling over to the window. It's dark but I can see him get in the back of the truck, Jarvis driving right off. 

I don't know what's Darius' problem all of a sudden. This attitude for no got damn reason is making me sick and it's been going on for days now. As I take a seat in the cushion windowsill, I retrieve my phone out my jean jacket and unlock it. I call up Nivea to see what she's doing tonight. I don't want to be in this big ass house by myself.

"Hello?" Nivea answers, laughter and conversation filling the background. I furrow my eyebrows confused. Did this heifer go out without me?

"Hello!" Nivea sings in irritation.

"Hey where are you?" I question, looking back out the window.

"At the place waiting for you and Darius, where are y'all?" Nivea questions.

"Y'all? I'm at home, he just left like five minuets ago." I explain. Nivea begins to laugh with someone and then continues to our conversation.

"Oh shit, and what do you mean you're home? You not celebrating your husband's birthday at Next Restaurant? Please don't tell me you forgot this man's birthday?" Nivea says in a warning tone.

"Today is not his birthday." I argue in assurance.

"It is his birthday Deanda. It's March the sixteenth which is two days before my birthday. I know my best friend's born day, our moms use to throw us parties the day in between to celebrate both." I put Nivea on speaker, going to the calendar on my phone. Right under today's date it says, Darius' 27th birthday at Next Restaurant. I hang up the phone, and throw my head back in shame. The tears just forming into my eyes.

No wonder the man has an attitude with me, I woke up this morning and took my shower and got dressed. I didn't fix his breakfast, I didn't wake him and tell him happy birthday. It slipped my mind, well honestly it wasn't on my mind. Getting to work was all I've been thinking about.