(18)

a month ago  — part two

troye shook connor's arm, biting his lip. "connor, baby. wake up."

connor groaned, rubbing his eyes. he slowly opened them and smiled. "hi, what's wrong?"

"i have to leave." he said, chuckling. "i don't know how to tell you this without you freaking out."

"what!" connor quickly sat up. "what the fuck do you mean you have to leave? leave where?"

troye scratched his head. "i kind of," he looked away from connor. "forgot to renew my visa and was threatened to go back or else they'll take it away permanently."

connor blinked, shaking his head. "n-no. how long? i don't want you to, they can't do that, can they?"

"babe, relax. i'll be back, alright?" soothed troye, rubbing connor's arm. "it's no big deal, really. i was feeling a bit homesick anyway. you'll be fine, okay?"

connor bit his lip, nodding. he felt the tears start to form in his eyes. "b-but this is so sudden, this doesn't make any sense. i told you many times to renew it, troye sivan mellet. why didn't you listen?"

"well," blushed troye, fiddling with his fingers. "every time you reminded me, we'd always end up having sex."

"what?" said connor, frowning. "this is not my fault!"

the two looked at each other, serious faces. connor finally cracked and started laughing, leaning into troye's side. he laid his head on his shoulder, sighing.

"do you have to go right now?" whispered connor, staring at the band around his fingers. now of all times?

"my plane leaves in a couple of hours, i'm sorry. i-i should've told you sooner." said troye, wrapping an arm around him. "are you mad?"

connor nodded, leaning further into troye. "pissed off. but more sad, i don't want you to leave again."

troye smiled, kissing the top of connor's head. "you know, everything will work out. you'll be busy with the cafe anyway. you've grown so much in so little time."

connor blushed at the praise. "thanks." he said, looking up at troye. "do you need a ride to the airport?"

**

connor sighed, watching as the plane troye was on leave. he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"hello?" he yelled over the loud noise.

"connor?" asked someone. "connor franta?"

connor checked the caller id, unknown number. he furrowed his eyebrows and sat down on a bench. "this is him, may i ask who's calling?"

there was a brief silence. "my name is george james, i'm calling because i have arrived at my lot and everything that belongs to you is still here? did you not get the notice to move out?"

"huh?" said connor, chuckling. "i'm sorry, i have no idea what you're talking about. what lot?"

george sighed, sounding annoyed. "the lot with the coffee place, er, accents? why haven't you moved out, yet? i've been quite patient since i know what it's like to not be able to afford some things or whatever, but it's been two months. that's more than enough."

connor stood up, searching for his keys. "george james, right? george, i have no idea what you're talking about. i have been very diligent with paying my bills and have never missed a month."

he started up his car and quickly drove to his cafe. he was not going to lose troye and his cafe shop all in one day.

**

"you're all beautiful in your own way!" screamed connor, a pint in his hand

"you're all beautiful in your own way!" screamed connor, a pint in his hand. "fuck what everyone else says. and fuck george james!"

phil glanced at dan, sighing. "now will we get him down from there? before he starts getting emotional."

dan laughed, shaking his head. stopping phil from getting up. "this is far too hilarious for us to stop him. just think about it, when has connor ever had this much fun?"

"dan," said phil, giving him a look. "he's just lost his boyfriend and his cafe shop. he should be finding ways to get it back, not getting drunk and telling other drunk strangers to love themselves."

"but think about it phil!" whined dan, shaking his head. "he could be making those drunks nights! the majority of them won't be getting laid anyway, so why not give them some compliments."

"fuck you, man!" said some random guy listening in.

dan scowled at the guy. "hey fuck off, mate. go listen to someone else conversation, eavesdropper."

phil patted dan's shoulder. "alright, macho man. let's go get our friend down from the bar before he breaks his head too."

they walked up to connor, who was screaming about gay rights. phil tapped his shoe.

"mate, we're cutting you off." said phil, looking up at him. connor squatted down, hiccuping.

"why?" he asked, his voice so soft and sad it made dan do a double take.

dan furrowed his eyebrows, finally understanding the heaviness of the situation. "because, mate, we're tired and want to go home."

connor nodded, gulping down his pint. "then go home, i'm not going home to an empty house."

he was about to stand back up when dan pulled him down the bar. "alright, mate, you can sleepover. but enough about the gay rights, save that for pride parades."

connor snuggled into dan's side. "pride parades sound fun."

phil payed connor's tab and met up with the boys at connor's car. he slipped his hand into connor's pocket and handed dan the keys. "alright, connie, let's get you inside."

dan and phil both helped connor into the car. letting him lean his head against the window. dan got into the drivers side while phil got into the passenger seat.

"fuck i'm tired." mumbled connor. he closed his eyes and listened to dan and phil's light conversation. they talked about the drinks they had, what their plans are for tomorrow and how they were going to manage with a drunk at their house.

"you guys are cute." slurred connor, hiccuping again. "i want to be in a cute relationship like you."

dan glanced at phil. "sure, buddy. just try not to puke in your car, that's the only cute thing here."

connor giggled and fell asleep again. he felt his entire body start to become sore. he didn't want to wake up ever. he wanted to stay in his dreams where he still had troye, and he still had the cafe he worked so hard to get started.