(9)

there was a cat outside the cafe that never seemed to leave. connor stared at it from inside, the cat looked back at him. deep yellow eyes staring at him.

"connor?" asked someone. connor hummed and looked up to see tyler...troye's tyler.

"hi." said connor, forcing a smile. "how can i help you?"

tyler giggled. "i didn't know you worked here."

connor furrowed his eyebrows. "you mean you didn't see me when troye brought you over, you know, the day you kissed him?"

tyler smiled, unfazed. "for a second i thought you were jealous."

"did you need anything?" he grabbed a towel rag. "unlike you, i don't have time to stalk people. i have a job."

"i just wanted to know why you act like the innocent one." said tyler, leaning against the counter. "it's very interesting."

"innocent in what? what the hell are you talking about?" said connor.

"this whole troye and connor situation. he fucked up, guess what, he's human. he gets to mess up now and again."

connor gripped the towel. "this is your business, how?"

tyler shrugged, grinning. "he saved up all the money he can get to move back here, after making up with his family."

"okay."

"he flew, he went to your old place, someone else was living there. wonder if he wondered if you two were together."

connor shrugged. "that's none of your business." connor pushed him aside, and started to clean off a table.

tyler followed. "he then came searching for you and a few days later, tyler appears."

connor scoffed. "is there an end to this story? no offense but i'm not really interested in this whole charade. what do you want?"

"i want you to stop acting like the fucking victim, connor franta." he snapped in his face. connor shoved his hand away. "you sleep in the same room with someone who is in love with you. you're playing two hearts like a fucking guitar."

"what are you–"

"are you really going to deny that tyler likes you? you going to say that troye isn't loyal because he hangs out with someone who likes him, in case you hasn't notice that bitch is me, sweetheart."

connor looked down. "just leave already."

tyler shook his head. "troye came to me last night."

connor looked up at him. "what?"

"do you know how much it hurts to see the person you love hurt? i don't care who the hell he dates, dumbass. as long as he's happy. but seeing him so hurt is ridiculous. you're not the only one hurting. stop ruining surprises. get over yourself, franta. the world is hurting but it doesn't help to want to help one another."

connor's face burned. "was that supposed to be philosophical?"

tyler scoffed. "think what you want, franta. just don't fucking hurt my best friend again."

and with that, he left. connor finally breathing. his face burning with anger and embarrassment. he looked around to see some customers staring. connor smiled at them and continued cleaning.

as much as he tried, he couldn't get tyler's words out of his head.