Chapter 18: Constance- The Last Memory

Depuis le début

On the other side of the door wasn't a man, but a wolf. A wolf with midnight eyes, and ears pulled back, cautious of his surroundings. I should've known he would do this, but my heart still leaps within me at the sight of my best friend. I jump up out of my bed and tackle the giant dog.

I cry into his fur, but knowing full well that this was his intention. He's trying to be my best friend again. Not just my lover, but someone I can rely on.

The night ends with Arkadius fast asleep on my bed as a wolf.

----

I wake up the next morning, and avoiding Arkadius, I head to Minani's room to be the pain she knows me as. Maybe she'll actually want to wake up and spend time with me. Well at least before school starts. Maybe I can take her to school today, or we can carpool with that poop head of a fiance.

I peek into her room, her door broken once again. Probably from Damien, I mean he was really upset after everything. I run to her bed and jump right on top of...

Her bed. I move the covers as quickly as I can to find it completely empty. I squint my eyes in the dark to focus, her entire room is completely bare, as if she never stayed with me. My heart cracks just a little as realizations dawns on me. She left, for Damien's sake. I finally had her back in my life, just for her to leave again.

I get up from her bed, my head hanging low as I realize that this whole thing sucks. I make my way back to my room, leaning on the stair railings for support. I should've known. I felt it last night, but I thought she would at least wait till this morning. Once I'm in my room I take my clothes into the restroom to get ready for school. I curl my hair into loose curls, place my contacts in my eyes, and apply just mascara to my eyes. I slip into a simple white floral skirt, and a white floral top to match. I walk out of the restroom to find Arkadius gone.

I let out a small sigh of relief, because I'm not ready to start going to school with him. Yes, I love him, but I don't want people to think I'm easy. I live two lives that are completely different. In one life I am a strong princess from a completely different realm, and because I can't remember the last memory, I have no way in taking back my kingdom. In another, I'm just a normal girl, that only a few people know who I really am.

I put some white flats on, and some pearls that were my mother's (not my real mother). Ever since my memories have returned, I feel the need to dress up. I feel the need to act royal. I even see it in the eyes of my classmates. A lot of them bow once I enter the room. No one dares to pick on Minani anymore either.

I grab my backpack and head downstairs to grab some coffee before I head to school. I ignore Minani's empty room as I pass by, even thinking about it makes my chest feel heavy. I look over at the island to find a note, and my travel mug together.

I grab my travel mug and look at the note.

'I'm sorry about your sister, but I went out to run errands. There was an emergency. I love you have a great day at school.

Love,
Jared'

I smile at the letter in my hand, he always know that I worry. He must've known that Minani left, that would be the only reason as to why he would leave a note.

I turn around to head out the front door. I leave my car at home, no longer feeling the need to drive anywhere.

As I began to walk towards the school, my heart feels a heavy weight on it. My legs feeling heavier with each step I take towards the school. Something doesn't feel right.

A piercing howl rings through the air. My heart sinks, realizing who and where he was. Before I knew it, I begin sprinting through the forest, not caring about the constant warnings, or the fear of being caught.