Jibbs - 2 - First

"I thought you were done hiding secrets, jen..." Gibbs said. It was impossible, even for Gibbs, to hide the hurt look on his face.

Jenny felt tears welling up in her eyes. She didn't ever mean to hurt him... "I understand... I'll go."

She turned to head out the door,and when Gibbs didn't stop her, she knew he had stopped loving her. But who could blame him?

~~~~

45 hours ago

~~~

"Jen, don't you think your forgetting something?"

She turned around. I've got all my stu- oh." She smiled and kissed Gibbs on the cheek. "I love you, Jethro."

Gibbs smiled. "I love you, too."

Jenny walked out the door, headed to work early for a video conference. Gibbs was just about to leave when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak with mrs. Jennifer Gibbs?"

"She's not available. This is her husband. Who is this?"

"This is Rachel Lipson. If you could have mrs. Gibbs call me back, that would be awesome."

"Will do"

"Okay thanks, bye."

Gibbs hung up and drove to work, not thinking much of it. When he got the NCIS, he went upstairs to Jenny's office.

He opened the door and walked right in.  "Jen, you got a phone call after you left from a Rachel Lipson?"

Jenny's face went pale. Her jaw dropped and she looked completely stunned. "I-  uh thanks..."

"Who is Rachel?"

"Nobody. Don't worry about it." Jenny smiled.

That was the last Gibbs heard of it for the next two days. Then, when he got home early one day, he noticed a note left on the door.

Jenny,

I stopped by to discuss further care of Sam. You weren't here, so if you could come by or let me know when a good time to come by, that would be great.

Signed,
         Rachel

~~~~~~~

When Jenny got home, gibbs confronted her. "Who is Rachel?"

Jenny sighed. "I told you. No one."

Gibbs held out the note. Jenny snatched it from his hands and read it  "What's this?"

She put a hand on her eyes. "It knew I should've come home earlier.."

"Jen, it's not like you to keep secrets. What could possibly be more important than honesty?"

Jenny looked up, she started to say something, but how could she explain it?

"I don't know where to start," she said with a sigh.

"How about. I'll ask you questions, you answer them honestly? Honesty never hurt."

Jenny nodded.

"Who's sam?"

"Our son."

The room went completely silent. Gibbs had to make sure he heard her right. "Our son!?"

"Yes," Jenny said, looking away.

"How old!?"

"I think 7?"

Gibbs nodded, understanding when it happened. "Why didn't you ever tell me? "

"Because he was taken from me when I had just given birth. I never heard of saw from him until it was too late. Whoever took him put him up for adoption. And he was adopted. I tried so hard to get him back... but they fought back and won... it was too painful to talk about.."

"So Rachel is the adopted mother?"

"Yes. Rachel Lipson."

"And she doesn't want him anymore?"

Jenny sighed. "That's why she contacted me. She knew I wanted him back so badly. So she said she'd work it out. And I really wish I would've told you. I planned to sometime within the week..."

"I thought you were done hiding secrets, jen..." Gibbs said. It was impossible, even for Gibbs, to hide the hurt look on his face.

Jenny felt tears welling up in her eyes. She didn't ever mean to hurt him... it was just too painful.

"I understand... I'll go."

She turned to head out the door,and when Gibbs didn't stop her, she knew he had stopped loving her. But who could blame him?

She heard a shifting a feet. "Jen, wait... I don't want you to go. "

Jenny turned around. "Good because that would've been embarrassing."

Gibbs sighed. "I can't change the past. What's done is done... so what's the future?"

Jenny looked at Gibbs cautiously. "We could.. get him back if you want..."

Gibbs nodded slightly. "Let's meet him First."