Chapter 11

Ginny, where are you  I was asking loudly, giving a glimpse into every dressing room. 

“The last one” I heard wanly voice coming from the end of the narrow, full of mirrors hall.

“What do you think, is Corry gonna love this?” She asked, giggling, turning around, so as she could see herself better.

I looked at her Leopard-print, tweed, mini dress and couldn't believe my own eyes.

“I thought that, this is not your style” I said, trying not to hurt her, by saying what I meant to, which was: you look cheap!

“Well yes, but I want to look gorgeous for Corry tonight. You know we go to that…what was its name, club”

I totally forgot about that night!

“Try something like this” I said, pointing at a black, above knee length dress. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Erika, with tones of clothes in her hands appeared, screaming

“70% Sale, guys come on”

There, like a paradise for every shopaholic, were tones and tones of fashionable clothes, with prices below £10. I started looking something, which was my size,(I'm 10 by UK) but I couldn't find any. Who was the sale for, anorexic models? – I was thinking, as I walked out that store, disappointed.

On the other side of the street, the guys were gladdening about the sale at Nike's store.

Surprisingly, John didn't enter the store, he was waiting outside, looking at the green grass.  Nike was his favorite brand, he was always dressed head to toes with Nike. I crossed the little, narrow path, coming close to him.  I hugged him from behind, which surprised him.

“Hey sunshine” He said cheerfully, putting his lovely smirk.  He took big, deep, breath, and just pecked my lips.  It was more than unusual for me. Whenever I hugged him, he was kissing me, little make out kind of, but now he just touched my lips, lifelessly.  I looked him straightly in his beautiful glowing, hazel eyes, but he looked away. He was hiding something.

Why was he acting so strange?

I wanted to find out, to ask him, but Erika took my hand and pulled me away with the excuse “Sale in H&M”

I was trying on a gently flared, lace dress which cost only £5.99.

“You look stunning” Melissa was screaming and hugging me. “You should totally take it” she added.

The problem was, I had no space in my coffer, I hardly zipped it at the beginning. 

“I can't. I have no space in my coffer, not at all” I said, making a sad face.

“Well I have, so you can put it there” she said and grabbed the dress.

After I paid my dress, I and my best friends, except Erika, who was probably making out with Cam, somewhere, went to another store; I was barely feeling my feet. I was exhausted and I needed sleep, also I was starving, but except shop windows, there was nothing where I could buy something to eat. Finally, after a half an hour, we got back to the buses.

John was very strange, he was speechless and moody all the time and when I asked him something, he just gave me laconic answers, like when I asked him what was wrong he just said “Nothing”, or when I asked if he had bought anything, he said “No”. He didn't even asked, if I have bought anything.

In front of me, was siting Alex, all by himself. I used the chance, when John went to see Corry, and started fondling his locks. He turned around and grinned me, while I whispered “Lovely locks”