16. The Park.

Start bij het begin

Joshua looked up at the sky and then closed his eyes while I started to think. Greg and his little group did not bother us again after the fight on Monday. They were in pretty bad shape and I would have thought that they were going to report us to the principal or even to Mr Harold as let's not forget that the latter was coming out of the building when Joshua and I decided to run away. But none of that happened. They left us alone.

Of course, when they saw Joshua and I in the hallways or at lunch, they gave both of us a dead glare, specially Greg. He seemed to be still really angry at me for having break his nose and he was obviously still angry at Joshua for being gay, though he did not try anything against us, none of them did. 

Joshua finished his detention for the week without any problem. I waited for him each day after school hours. It was kinda boring to wait for one hour for him but I found a few things to keep myself busy. Besides, I needed to make sure that he would be alright and then after his detention, he would drive me home on his scooter. Well, Joshua and I were still a little bit in pain from our previous beating but we have gotten better.

"Greg is in the past," I told Joshua and he looked at me, "You will create other memories and those one will be better and make you happier when you think of them. Trust me, Greg lost someone who loved him, that is you, and you, you lost something who rejected you, that is him. You are the most fortunate."

"Such wise words," Joshua said with a little smile on his lips.

"Thanks, I found them on Google," I informed him and we both laughed. That was part true.

Soon, I realized that we were reaching my usual bench near the lake. Luckily, there was no one sitting there so I tapped Joshua on the shoulder, capturing his attention to show him the direction of the bench.

"Let's go sit there for a few minutes," I told him and he nodded. We made our way to the bench and sat down. I gazed around over the lake and the people walking and the children playing. I could nearly hear the screams of joy of children coming from the playground which was not so far.

"So what are you going to do with Pierre?" Joshua asked me and I shrugged.

"I have no idea," I replied honestly, "He told me that he is going to text me when things calm down with his parents and as you see, I'm still waiting."

"Pierre has so much power on you," he stated, shaking his head from side to side and I frowned, "Did you try to text him despite of what he said?"

"No, I did not," I replied before admitting, "I was tempted a few times though. Like I would stare at my phone for hours before putting it away."

My friend seemed to think and then he said, "Do you think that one day Pierre's parents are going to appreciate a tiny little bit of your existence on this earth?"

"Nope," I replied without hesitation, "I don't love them so I don't need them to love me. Besides, I don't care if they like me or not."

"I think that you should care," he protested, "I mean they have so much control on Pierre. Your little love does literally everything his parents tell him to. He is under their complete control which makes me wonder, are you not scared that one day his parents tell him to stop talking to you and that Pierre just obey?"

I remained silent. Yeah, I thought of that possibility but I tried not to overthink. I could not let that get to my head. I needed to think positive or at least, I tried to. The truth was that I was scared, really much. I knew that if I enraged Pierre's parents too much, they would force him to stop talking to me and I did not want that.

I was not sure yet if Pierre cared about me enough. I still felt insecure about that. He seemed to care for me but would it be enough for him to go against his parents if someday they want him to stop being around me? The answer to that question was scary.