chapter 45

Authors note: Strong language and some sexual content.  If your a minor please don't read.

Ellianna's POV-

     I looked at Alyssa clearly not understanding why she would ask me if I was moving here with Gage?  I looked over at the table thinking I wouldn't be the only one confused by her question.  Instead I found the other four women looking at me with worried expressions.  What the hell? I looked back to Alyssa and said "what do you mean?"  Alexis jumped out of her seat and said "Alyssa"  Alyssa looked over at her and she touched her arm.  Alexis seriously looked worried and Alyssa looked just as confused as me.  I didn't know what the hell was going on but I was going to find out.  I said "why would you ask me if I was moving here with Gage?"  Alyssa didn't answer Alexis did "Elli you should wait and talk to Gage."  What the fuck is she talking about? I don't want to wait to talk to Gage.  I want to know what the hell is going on.  I said "I don't want to wait to talk to Gage.  Alexis what is going on?" 

     She looked over at her mom then back to me.  She said "Eli Gage doesn't want us to say anything."  I could feel myself start to panic.  He doesn't want them to say anything about what?  I took a deep breath trying to calm down and said "well I'm asking you.  Why would Alyssa ask me if I was moving here with Gage?"  She let go of Alyssa arm and took ahold of mine.  I could tell she wanted me to drop it but there was no way in hell I was going to.  I looked at her and said "please tell me what's going on?"  The look on her face was seriously freaking me out.  She looked back to her mom again then back to me.  She said "Elli. Gage wasn't sure how to tell you this."  She took a deep breath and I held mine.  She said "Gage has to move back here and take over the business now that our father passed." 

     I looked at her and back to the other women.  I wasn't sure if I heard her right.  Gage loves teaching would he really move back here to run the family business.  I looked back at Alexis and said "Did Gage tell you he wanted to move back and run the business?"  I can't believe he would have made such a big decision without talking to me about it.  Maybe they assumed he would want to do that.  Alexis took my other arm and said "Ellianna, he doesn't have a choice.  My dad made him sign a contract."  What? Why would his dad make him sign a contract?  Gage's mom walked over and looked at me and said "We are very proud of Gage however Donavon wasn't completely thrilled with his decision to move so far away and take a teaching position."

      This isn't happening right now.  I shook my head trying to calm my rapid breathing.  I looked back to Alexis, then to Alyssa, then over to Taylor and Aleeda.  They all had the same sad look on their faces.  I looked back at Alexis and said "when does he have to move back?"  She gave me a small smile and said "I'm not sure I never read the contract."  I was seriously close to having a panic attack.  I needed to get away from everyone before I curled up in a fetal position right in front of them.  I looked back to Gage's mom and said "excuse me."

     That's all I said and walked away.  I walked up the stairs completely and totally numb.  I can't believe Gage has to move back here.  Once I made it to his room I slowly shut the door and leaned on it.  I wrapped my arms around me and squeezed.  O! God! He is going to break up with me.  I thought I was having a panic attack down stairs with that thought I was in a full blown panic attack.  I slid down the door and buried my face in my knees and lost it.  I swear I could feel my heart breaking. 

      When I lost my dad it was like I shut off every emotion and was in a tunnel for days.  I could hear people speaking but I couldn't make out what they were saying.  I just stared off in space trying to block everything out.  This was completely different.  I felt everything.  I remembered everything.  Every look.  Every touch.  Every kiss.  I stayed there for what seemed like hours until my tears dried up.  I looked over at the window and slowly got up.