chapter 41

Author's note:  Strong language and sexual content.  If your a minor please don't read.

Ellianna's POV-

      After laying in bed for over an hour, while Gage played with my hair the entire time, we finally got up.  I'm surprised I never fell asleep.  Normally when my mom would play with my hair I would be out in no time.  I just laid on Gage's stomach running my hand over his abs while listening to the clicks of his phone.  We were both dressed and I went and grabbed my phone ready to head downstairs.  I noticed a missed text from Avery.

Avery-Jesus Christ what was that man doing to ya? ;o) You should have seen Erik's face when we walked by and he heard you...ya you so didn't have the music up loud enough!  lmao!!!

     O. god!  I just hung my head and said "great!"  I could picture Avery's face texting this.  She probably didn't make the situation any better either. Gage said "what?"  I looked up at him and just handed him my phone.  He started to read Avery's text and laughed.  He looked back at me, full blown smile, and handed my phone back.  I just looked at him completely shocked and said "aren't you worried about this?"  He grabbed my hips and looked down at me still smiling and said "maybe a little."  O.k. why is he still smiling like that then?  He leaned down and kissed my nose and said "come on.  We can't hide in here forever."  Funny, that's exactly what we should do.  He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head and said "it'll be fine baby.  I can handle it."   

     "O! You think?" I thought.  We walked down stairs and I didn't hear anyone.  I looked up to Gage and he still had that smile on his face.  O.k. if he isn't nervous than I shouldn't be right?  Yeah, I need to keep telling myself that because honestly I had no idea what Erik would do.  I was also freaking out because I know Avery, I inwardly cringed at that thought, because she will no doubt say something to embarrass me.

     We walked into the kitchen and it was empty too.  I started to panic and thought "he didn't just leave without saying good bye?"  I didn't even look at Gage and took off  towards the front door and said "you don't think he just left do you?"  I opened the front door and sure enough his truck was gone.  I quickly looked back to Gage and said "his truck is gone!"  Gage just walked up to me and took a hold of my shoulders and said "he wouldn't leave without saying goodbye Elli, calm down."  He was rubbing circles on my shoulders so I let out a breath and nodded my head. He was right.  Erik wouldn't do that.  I stepped away from him and shut the door.  I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Avery.

Elli-Where did you and Erik go?

     I looked back to Gage and he said "come on.  Lets get you a glass of wine."  Then wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and walked me to the kitchen.  He pulled out a seat for me just when my phone beeped. 

Avery- on our way back from the store.  Erik said the only way he was going to forgive you for making him hear that was your moms smoked salmon. I want you to know I can't cook for shit so your on your own with this one ;o)

     Gage just place a glass of wine in front of me and said "so where did they run off too?"  I smiled at him and said "they ran to the store.  Do you like salmon?"  He looked at me and cocked his head and said "yes, why?"  I  took a sip of my wine and said "apparently the only thing I have do to be forgiven is make Erik food."  Gage started laughing and said "that's awesome."  I gave him my best "are you crazy" looks and he said "what?  I love it when you cook."  Then he winked at me. I just smiled at him and shook my head.  I'm not my mother when it comes to cooking but I can hold my own.  Gage isn't too bad either.  Most of the time I cooked and he would sit and watch me.  Sometimes he helped but that only lead to us having sex before we finished.  Yep, I was getting more and more comfortable with our routine but was still fighting that voice that always told me this was too good to be true.