“Speak for yourself,” Ty snorted, still giving me a wary eye. His eyebrows raised a bit when his gaze lingered at my chest. “Money in your bra? You’re not some hooker are you?”

I let my arms drop to my sides, feeling that he was no longer a threat and ignored his comment. “I can’t trust anybody. If it comes down to it, I will not hesitate to kill you.”

“There’s no need for any violence.” Michael smiled at me without any emotion, the scar distracting me the slightest bit. “What is your name, no-name? I’m sure it won’t be as dangerous as you think.”

“Or I could just bring Sophie in and get it tortured out of her.” A sadistic smile lit up Ty’s face and suddenly, I realised why he looked so familiar. The black eyes, the equally dark hair, even the lethality in their fighting styles were similar: he reminded me of Hannah.

But Hannah had no family. She was an orphan, she had no brother or family – I’d heard it from Melinda herself.

Who am I kidding? Melinda was a liar. She was a woman of secrets, of a conniving, planning mind and there was no doubt she’d lied to me and everybody at the Manor – including team C – to protect her secrets. Who’s to say Hannah doesn’t have a brother after all? Who’s to say I didn’t have a brother? A sister? A family still alive?

“Hannah.” The name escaped me before I could take it back and immediately I froze, catching the narrowed black eyes of Ty. “Do you know a girl named Hannah?” His eyes lit up with a dangerous spark and his lines turned into a thin line. I was treading on dangerous waters.

It had to be possible right? Melinda was an actress, the way she fooled teams A and B into thinking she wasn’t plotting to kill them. Especially the way she fooled me that she would keep me alive because I was of use. If Melinda could fool everybody at the Manor, there was no mistaking that she fooled Hannah into believing she had no family.

“How do you know that name?” Even the malice and dangerous tone he voiced was similar to her.

I looked down at my feet, refusing to give him the answer that he wanted. “It’s a very common name. I just knew a girl.”

Hannah was dangerous. She was someone I’d unintentionally opposed all because I doubted Melinda, I opposed Melinda and ran away from Melinda. Hannah was a dangerous person to ever come across, even I knew that, and if Ty happened to be her long lost brother of some sort, I was absolutely sure I didn’t want to get on his bad side. I was strong but not stupid.

“Ty, get some sleep. You still have school, you know.”

“What school?” I asked emotionlessly, wanting to clarify that he truly was Ty Hathaway and according to my theories, Hannah’s possible brother.

“Lockwood Academy,” Michael replied smoothly and gestured for Ty to leave the room. “Can you bring in Jared?”

“Lockwood,” I murmured ever so quietly under my breath. The school’s name only confirmed that this really was Ty Hathaway, the new transfer to All Hallows. And he was a spy.

For a moment, I pondered about running back to All Hallows, telling Melinda about Ty and giving her snippets of information that would keep me alive. The thought immediately dissipated as I realised how foolish, how careless that would be. Melinda would kill me on the spot whether I had useful information or not. After all, I’d messed with her plans greatly.

“I do have three days left to go so you won’t get rid of me that quickly,” Ty called before leaving the room in a flash, the door closing behind him by itself.

“What you tell me stays with me. I give you my word.” I glanced up from my slightly damp shoes to give him a quizzical look. Why was he being . . . nice to me? Kinda hospitable in a way, too. In fact, why did he want to know my name so much?