Chapter 8

I wake up to the disappointed faces of my parents' faces and no sign of dean in a hospital room. "What were you thinking?! We had to drive all the way out here because your sorry ass fucked shit up." My mom says, scowling. My eyes brim with tears. "Oh good. You're awake." A nurse says, walking in with a clipboard in hand. "I'm gonna have to ask her some questions, will you two please step out of the room?" She asks my parents nicelyr. They nod and step out, my dad glaring from the corner of his eyes. "Ok, miss..." the nurse trails off. I sigh. "My lasts name is carter." She nods. "Ok, miss carter. When did you start this unhealthy habit of cutting yourself?" She asks. "When my life became fucked-up." I answer. "Oh, um, ok. When exactly was that?" She questions. "When my dad became an abusive alcoholic and my mom didn't give a duck about me anymore." I answer. She sits there for a minute without responding. "You happy you got your answers?" I ask sarcastically. "Um, I'll be back with some more questions and tests. Meanwhile, it helps to call some friends or someone who loves you and to tell them." She says as she walks to the door and points to the phone next to the hospital bed. "Wait! Do, do you know if a dean Ambrose has came and seen me?" I ask, biting my lip. "I suppose not. He hasn't been here sense he brought you here. I think something about us calling your parents made him leave." She says with a smile and leaving. I quickly grab the phone and dial dean's number. He picks up on the second ring. "Baby?" He asks. I sigh happily, smiling. "Yeah, dean. It's me." I say. "Oh thank god *sighs* I had to leave because if your parents. You know I'd be there if I could." He says. "Yeah, I just don't want to go home with them, dean. It'll be worse." I say fearful.

DEAN POV

"Yeah, I just don't want to go home with them, dean. It'll be worse." Magic says as we're on the phone and I hear the fear in her voice. "I know. Listen baby, I have to go. I'm literally on my way to the stairs to go down to the ring." I say as Seth and roman tap imaginary watches on their wrists. I flip them off and they back off. "Oh, ok. I-I love you?" she says questionably. "I love you too." I say confidently. She hangs up and I sigh, putting my phone in my pocket. "How is she?" Seth asks. "She didn't say. But she doesn't want to go home." I say and roman claps me on the back. "Listen, I'm sorry I didn't really 'approve' of you two. But, I hope everything turns out ok." He says, turning and jogging down the stairs after. Seth looks at me and shrugs and we follow behind.

MAGIC POV

The nurse comes back in and sits down next to me on the edge of the bed. "Ok, you have two options, you're 17 so you only have a year anyways until you can be legally an adult. So, you can stay with your parents, or someone you love and trust can adopt you for the next year or so until you can be an adult and live on your wan and everything." She informs me. "I don't want to see my parents again." I say, shaking a little. "It's ok." She soothes, rubbing my arm. "C-can I think this over for a little while?" I ask. She nods and leaves. I pick up the phone but put it down again. "Dammit, he's in a match." I think aloud. I wait for about 15-20 minutes and call dean. "Hey. I just got back to the locker room, good timing." He answers. "Thanks. Um, I have a question..." I trail off. "What is it?" dean asks sweetly. "C-can seth adopt me?" I question quietly. "What? adopt you?" dean asks in disbelief. "Yes." I say softly. "Um, I don't know. But, can we talk about this face to face baby? I don't know everything that's going on. And I'm sure Seth wants to know too." Dean says. My eyes start to water at the thought of possibly going home with my parents. "Ok." I squeak out. "Baby, don't cry. I'm gonna come in the morning. Hang in there." Dean says, trying to soothe me. "Ok." I say again, my voice cracking more as tears stream down my face. "I love you. Get some sleep, I'll be there when you wake up." Dean tells me. "I love you too." I say and hang up. I ball under the blankets and cry my eyes out for the longest time until I finally fall asleep.