Chapter 43: Disaster Strikes

My breath was coming out in huffs as I ran with Harry hot on my tail.

"Samantha please stop!"

I ignored him and kept on running down the gravel road.

I stopped running when I got back to my neighborhood.

It was late at night. Shops were closing and there was not a person in sight.

"Samantha." Harry wheezes, bending over to catch his breath.

"I appreciate what you are doing Harry, but you are too overprotective." I say over my shoulder.

"I do it because I love you." Harry sighs.

"Yeah I love you too but I need some time to myself." I say, turning to face him.

"It's just, I've been trying to keep you safe,"

"I'm not a fucking baby!" I yell.

Harry stands up straight and raises his eyebrows.

"I'm eighteen for christ sake! You act like I'm fucking eight years old!" I rage.

"Excuse me?" Harry says, clearly becoming angry.

"We can't do anything because all you're worried about is watching me like a hawk!"

"I'm trying to keep you safe!" He yells. "You act like that means nothing to you!"

"It's exhausting! I need a break every once in a while!"

"I don't want to lose you! We are in this together! You fucking promised me! You promised me yourself that you would help me. Help us all become human again!" Harry yells, coming closer and closer to me.

Tears began to fall from my eyes. Harry has only yelled at me once before. I saw the regret inside his eyes. This time, his eyes only held anger.

His eyes were black and his hands were balled into fists. I was beyond terrified.

"Harry stop." I whimper.

"All you think of is your god damn self!" He yells, pointing a finger at me.

"Harry please." I close my eyes, hoping he would stop.

"I could have killed you back in the beginning!"

I try to choke back the tears. It wasn't working. I opened my eyes and looked back up at Harry.

What I saw truly frightened me.

That wasn't Harry.

"Please." I whisper.

"I don't understand why I waste my time on you. This was all for you. FOR YOU!" He yells. "I DID ALL THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

I couldn't take it anymore.

Before Harry could say another word, I turned around and ran.

The tears made it hard to see and the aching in my feet grew worse. The only thing I could hear was the pounding of my heart.

Suddenly, a bright light blurs my vision. I stopped running and looked towards the light.

It seemed as if I was in a dream. I saw my father in the lights. He was saying something I couldn't quite make out.

I turn my head and look at Harry. His eyes were wide as he looked away from the bright lights. His eyes landed on me and then he started running towards me.

I look back at the lights and my dads voice fades into the sound of a car horn.

In a matter of seconds, a large force smashes into me, sending me into a world of darkness.

The last thing I heard was Harry screaming my name.

"Samantha!"

*Harrys POV*

Why am I yelling at her? Harry stop!

"I could have killed you back in the beginning."

I could literally see her heart break.

She looked up at me as tears fell from her eyes. She was frightened.

I wanted to pull her into my arms and apologize but she needed to know I was right.

My anger was paralyzing me.

"Please." She whimpers.

"I don't understand why I waste my time on you. This was all for you. FOR YOU! I DID ALL THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

Before I could stop her, she turns around and runs into the street.

A bright light comes speeding down the road. I take a second to focus on the lights and my heart drops. I look back over at Samantha. She was staring at them too.

Why wasn't she moving?

She looked at me. She had a lost look in her eyes, like she was in a dream. She looked back at the car and just stood there.

I started running towards her, but I was too late.

"Samantha!"

--------------------------------

PLEASE DONT HATE ME!

I know it's short but I kinda jumped into their argument in the last chapter.

The next chapter I promise will be long and will explain the rest of what happened.

As I said before, PLEASE DONT HATE ME!

Early update goal: 850