Chapter 9: We'll Keep You Safe

I couldn't seem to sit still in my civics class, the last class of the day. Harry and I are meeting Daria and Akio in the woods again. The last time we met, only a week ago, we discussed the reason for a plan. Now we need to put plans into actions.

The bell finally rings and I am the first to leave.

Harry didnt come to school for an unknown reason. All he told me was to meet him in the woods.

On my way home, the school bus passed, it seemed to go slower then usual. The back window opened and CeCe sticks her face out. "Harry drop you? Didn't you hear? He is madly in love with me now. I mean, who wouldn't be?" She laughs.

"Stick that ugly mug back in the window. Fucking whore." I keep walking. All of a sudden, the bus stops, and so do I. From the other side of the bus, I can see two black heels step off from the bus. They waddle their way over to my side and into view comes CeCe. She comes to stand infront of me, her hands on her hips. "What did you say, bitch?"

"Brake her nose again Sam!" someone calls from inside the bus. She rolls her eyes and takes another step towards me. "Im going to give you one last chance to step away from Harry, or..."

"Or what? Im done with you trying to walk all over me! I bet if everyone knew your secret, they would hate your guts!"

Her eyes widen. "You wouldn't dare tell them."

"Watch me!" I push right past her, leaving her to regain her balance, thanks to her two-inch heels

I actually didn't know her secret, but thank god she believed I did.

I am almost safe and at the edge of the woods when a grey audi whips around the corner and almost runs me over. The drivers side window rolls down. Its Harry. He looks sweaty and out of breath. "Get in the car."

"But I-I..."

He narrows his eyes and yells, "Get in the car!"

He only uses his deepest tone when he's angry. I thought it was best if I obeyed him and got in.

As soon as I sat down, he sped off. I didnt even have time to shut the door. Eventually I grabbed hold of the handle and pulled the door shut.

I grab onto the handle above the door to keep myself from smashing into the window. "Harry whats wrong? Where are we going?"

His knuckles whiten as he grips the steering wheel harder. "We're being followed."

"W-what?"

"Remember that day we were walking to school and you felt someone was following you?"

"Yeah?"

"Well there is. He's following Daria and Akio too. They know."

"They know what?"

He doesn't answer, he only tightens grip on the wheel. "Harry?"

No answer.

"Harry!" I yell.

"THEY KNOW ABOUT US!" he screams.

I shut up. I sink further into my seat. "How?" My voice weak.

He takes a deep breath to calm himself. "We don't know who or why. All we know is that they know."

We arrive at an old abandoned high school.

I get out of the car and stare at the sight infront of me. "The school burnt down years ago. Why are we here." I look to Harry who is starting towards the door.

"There are some people I want you to meet."

We enter into the old building and you can instantly smell the charred remains of wood and metal. We step over numerous ammounts of debris. Lockers, books, chairs, you name it. I follow him down the hall and into the first floor annex. We reach a door labeled, 'Janitors Room'. He jiggles the knob. Locked.

"Step back."

He turns to the side and lifts his foot. He gives the door a hard kick and it opens with ease.

"Shit." I mumble under my breath.

He turns to me and smirks.

Harry is the first to step in. It is a small five-foot by six-foot room. Cleaning supplies knocked from their places on the shelves. Harry tosses all the remaining supplies from the shelf and begins to pull it from the wall. A sound of bending metal and drywall cracking fills the room. A small grate was hidden behind the shelf. Harry rips it from the wall and tosses it into a pile with the shelf. He turns to me.

"Ladies first."

I reluctantly walked over to him. I placed my hands on the ledge in which the grate was ripped from, and look inside. It was dark. Harry grabs ahold of my thighs and lifts me in. I was scared. Being alone in a dark tunnel was not exactly number one on my bucket list. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Lets go."

"But h-how can we see? Its pitch black!" I stutter.

"You have to trust me." His green eyes seemed to sparkle in the dark. The only light coming from the open door of the janitors closet. I took one last look at the light, for it might be the last time I ever see it. I turn back to him and nod. He grabs my hand and takes the lead. I close my eyes, for now Harry is my sight. My legs carring me along to Harry's quick pace.

Through my eyelids, I can see some sort of light. I open my eyes, adjusting to the dark, but at the end of the tunnel, I see light. As Harry leads us closer, I can hear the indistinct chattering. When we step out of the dark, the voices stop. I open my eyes fully and gasp at the sight. A room full of dark angles.

Daria makes her way through the croud, pulling Akio with her. When she reaches us, she embraces us with a warm hug. "We are about to begin."

Harry and I follow her to a platform, high above the crowd gathering below.

Harry clears his throat. "Attention!" He calls.

It becomes so quiet in the room, you could hear a pin drop. My grip on Harry's hand becomes tighter as I cower behind his tall frame. He uses his thumb to rub my the top of my hand, a gesture used to calm me down but I was far from calm.

"We are here to stop the rein of our father." he calls out to the angels. "He has done nothing to our benifit. He acts as if he cares but he is nothing like a father."

Everyone cheers.

"We are here to join an army! A chance to be human again!"

More cheers.

"Are you with me?" He calls.

The croud roars.

He shoots his fist into the air and yells, "Are you with me!"

Everyone in the room has risen thier fists into the air, chanting and yelling. Harry looks down to me. His face lightens as he gives me a small smile.

"We'll keep you safe."