Chapter 12: Kidnapped

Harry left early this morning. He is working to clean up part of the high school and use it as a 'safe haven'. With his strength and speed, I doubt it will take long.

Before he left, he asked me to pick up a few things for him. I pull on a silk blouse and bleached shorts. I slip into my converses and walk out the door. As the wind whips around me, my hair dances with it. It is a bit chilly out. The only downside of summer in London, was that it wasn't always warm.

I could feel the stare from someone behind me. I turn my head and sure enough, someone is. But not just anyone, Max.

I turn back around and pick up my pace. Within seconds, Max is by my side.

"I thought you were told to stay away from me."

"So your agreeing with the restraining order that is Harry Styles?" He laughs.

I sigh.

He steps infront of me, causing me to stop walking. He grabs my hand and smirks.

"Come on babe. Let me show you a good time."

"Last time someone said that, they were killed."

I pull my hand away from his and continue walking to my destination.

"So it was Styles who killed that Danny kid."

Shit.

"I didnt say that."

He laughs. "You implied it."

I start walking faster, but he catches up with me again.

"That doesn't scare you?"

I burry my hands in my pockets and keep on walking.

"The fact he can kill so easy. Without a thought. Without a care." His mouth close to my ear. "He was sent to kill you. Yet you trust him. Why? Its all part of his plan." He circles around me. "He was made to kill. He will fulfill his mission."

"No he won't." I snap.

He chuckles. "Oh but you are so wrong."

He uses his hand to caress my cheek. He looks me up and down before returning his eyes to mine. "Its such a shame to see such a pretty thing like you go so," he pauses. Looking for the right words. "So fast."

Before I could open my mouth to speak, he dissapears down an alley way, leaving me lost and afraid. I couldn't decide who the bigger threat was. Max or Harry.

I shake my head and continue down the street. Once I pick up the things Harry needs, I walk back to my house. I grab Bradley's car keys off the counter and hop into the white Ford Escape and drive towards the high school.

Why I don't drive everywhere? I dont know. I guess I just like walking.

Once I pass the beaten down sign that says, "Riverside High", I slow down. Harry's car sits alone in the back lot. I park the car and jump out. Harry left the back door unlocked for me. He cleaned the path going to the basement so this time, im able to walk down the stairs.

Harry and another man are hard at work, trying to move around large pieces of metal and cinder blocks. I couldn't help but be amazed by their wings. They seemed to be longer then the guys were taller. The black feathers that were on each wing seemed to glisten in the dim overhead lights.

After a while, Harry looks up from the task before him. He smiles when his eyes meet mine. His brows furrowed when he noticed I was hiding behind the wall. When I walked out from behind the wall and over to Harry, the other man looks up and his eyes widen in awe. Harry opens his arms to me and I step into them. As he hugs me, his wings seem to follow his arms. They almost form a wall around us.