Chapter 24: Victiorious

We got the call the next day. Mom had passed.

Bradley sat on the couch with his head in his hands. I was leaning against the kitchen counter with my head in the crook of Harry's neck and my arms wrapped around his torso.

We all stayed like that for a while, the only noise was the sound of small sniffling.

"Sammy?" a small voice called from the hallway.

Bradley picks his head up and I look over Harry's shoulder at the small boy with tear stained cheeks. He had his little fist wrapped around the leg of the stuffed dog Mom had gotten him for his third birthday.

He rubs his eyes and sighs. "Is mommy with daddy now?"

Bradley chokes back his tears and looks away. I sigh and let go of Harry. He leans against the counter as I walk over to my brother. He holds his arms up so I pick him up. His small arms are wound around my neck as he softly cries. I slowly bounce him up and down to calm him.

"Yeah buddy. Mommy is safe now. I promise."

**

"The power is out, all I need to find is the fuse box and we should be good." Vinny explains, dragging the beam of his flashlight along the walls.

Since the high school was our safe haven, we needed all the power we could get.

"Aha!" Vinny whispers to himself as he unlocks the black box hanging on the wall. He flips the switch and the lights buzz to life.

Vinny clicks off his flashlight and walks up the stairwell to the fourth floor, Harry and I following close behind. He opens a door and we step into a large computer room. Vinny smiles as he examines the old keyboards and monitors.

"We can use this as a command center." Vinny says.

Harry smiles and pats him on the back. "See, I knew it was a good idea bringing him along."

Vinny smiles, proud of his contribution. "I will get to work."

I nod and follow Harry out of the door. Harry grabs my hand and laces our fingers together.

"I missed you." He smiles.

"I missed you too."

"Anything exciting happen while I was gone? Doubt it cause you're so boring." he winks, poking my stomach.

I laugh, making Harry laugh as well. God I missed him.

We reach the front doors and leave the school, giving Vinny some space to work his magic.

Harry unlocks the car and starts the engine.

"Are you having a funeral for your mom?" Harry asks.

I sigh. "No. She wasn't close with alot of people. All of her family is gone so what's the point."

"When is she being layed out?"

"Today."

The rest of the car ride is silent. To be honest, I didn't know where we were going.

"Harry, where are we going?"

He furrows his brows. "I don't know really. Just for a drive I guess."

**

Around eight o'clock, Harry gets a text from Vinny telling us to meet him at the school. He wants to show us something.

"Do you think he finished already?" I ask.

"No, I mean he couldn't have, right?"

I shrug.

We arrive at the school ten minutes later. Vinny is sitting on the front steps, waiting for us. Once he sees Harry's range rover pull into the lot, he stands. The smile on his face growing with every second.

"Come on. You're going like this."

Vinny leads us up to the computer lab and opens the door. My eyes widen in amazement. He did all this?

All the computers were up and running. There were six tables facing the large floor to ceiling window on the right side of the room. Each table held two computers. In the back, the monitors were mounted on the wall, all with a blue screen.

Vinny smiled wide. I could tell he could burst any second.

"The computers in the back will be used as security cameras. Tomorrow I am going to place a few around the school and a few in the woods. In the computers over there, I have already programed them with all the profiles of the angels." He hesitates, wondering if 'angels' was the right word to use. "And I programed them with basic security traps which will all be set up tomorrow. Do you think we can get some angels in here to work the computers? I can't do it all by myself."

Harry, who was completley awestruck, took a while to come back to reality. We were amazed at what he got done in the amount of time he had. This kid is crucial to us. He is our wild card.

"Okay." Was the only word able to leave Harry's lips. He wandered back and forth, checking the computers. It takes alot to impress Harry, and in this case, impressed was an understatement.

"I will call a meeting tomorrow." Harry finally speaks up. "I will assign the smartest and most tactical soldiers I can find."

I look to Harry and Vinny with a smile on my face and hope in my eyes. We are going to win.

We will be victorious.