Emotionally Incapable (Third Book to Politically Incorrect)

• Dedicated to Robin Monroe

It is earlier than I said, but this is more a sneak peek than anything else. I wanted you all to at least have the first chapter so you knew I wasn't lying when I said they were coming back, lol. 

Let me know what you all think, okay?? Love you all!! Just so you all know, this is about Christine, okie dokes? 

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 1

           Christine

I sat on the terrace, contemplating the sparkling diamond on my finger allowing a long sigh to escape my lips. “What has you sighing like that, Christine?” I heard Laura’s voice ask me as she joined me at the table. I placed a smile on my face for my political advisor and shrugged.

“Nothing in particular.”

“If you say so.” She replied, not pushing any farther. I held in another sigh. It was times like this that I really missed my sister-in-law. Lana and Ian were quite content at their cottage however, and didn’t visit all that often. I understood though. After everything they’d dealt with, it made sense that they would want some peace with Guiliana. I smiled at the thought of my niece. She was a quite a handful though, now entering her terrible twos.

I thought back to when we’d all gone to the country estate together and quickly masked my pained expression so Laura wouldn’t notice as I felt a pain in my chest.

Greg.

Shortly after Lana and Ian’s wedding, Greg and I had broken up. Not by my choice either. Greg had decided that he wasn’t happy with where his life was. Everything revolved around the country estate and the stables. Feeling as if his life was stuck in this repetitive slump, he decided to take action. This led to a decision to leave, including leaving me. He began questioning everything, including our relationship. Did he really love me, or was it only because it was all really knew?

He decided to go stay with a cousin in the U.S., hoping to experience everything he felt he might have missed in his time spent at the estate. His short vacation turned into him enrolling at Columbia and pursuing a degree. It had been two years, and it was clear that he didn’t plan on coming back.

I knew he kept in touch with Chad and Ian, but I had refused to keep contact. He’d hurt me too badly, and it was too difficult to think of him with a new girlfriend and a new life that he preferred to me.

I had been attending Oxford and had recently graduated. It had been a wonderful experience, and of course majoring in political science was a wise choice if I decided to stay involved in politics, which is what my father wanted. But the best part wasn’t all from my newly-gained knowledge. In addition to gaining an education, I also gained a fiancé.

Micah. The second I laid eyes on him, I’d branded him a class-A arsehole. The chocolate-eyed rugby player had caught sight of me and labeled me his next prey. At his first five attempts I’d snubbed his cocky ass, and told him that only an idiotic bint would consider him. Unfortunately, the idiot had grown on me after his sixth rather romantic attempt, by having the entire rugby team back him up as he serenaded me below my dorm room, and having roses delivered to every one of my classes before-hand. Needless to say, I was embarrassed and flattered all at once. I had no choice but to give him at least one date.

That one date revealed to me that Micah wasn’t just some idiotic womanizing meat-head. He was actually very sweet, intelligent, and loving. One date, turned into two, to three, eventually blossoming into a full-fledged relationship. His proposal had come as a shock to me however, as I hadn’t really been thinking about us getting married at all. I think a part of me knew I was still scared after everything with Greg, and how I’d thought that was going to be my forever.