The brother's story

-Niall's P.O.V- 

I sat in the waiting room with Cara. She rubbed my back and comforted me before she went to get us some food and coffee.

There was a small beep from the door and it opened. In ran all my friends. El, Dani, Perrie, Zayn, Harry, Louis and Liam. They gave me small smiles and hugged me before they sat down.

"Aren't you lot famous?" I blinked and looked up to the door. There stood a brown haired boy with light blue eyes. His skin was pale and he had a mix between British and American accent.

"Who are you?" I asked him, my voice cracked and my throat was sore. He gave me a small smile, then went to a water thingy and filled a cup, handing it to me. I nodded as a thanks and took it, drinking the ice cold water.

"I was told to help out with the people waiting in this room. Currently, I'm a nurse though." He said and sat down beside me. 

"So you're just supposed to sit here?" Harry asked him. The boy that looked our age, chuckled.

"No, I'm supposed to offer you coffee and water, but I met this woman, Cara, she said she was going to get food and coffee for everyone." He said and we nodded. "May I ask what you're here for?" 

"Er... Yeah, this girl was punched in the face and I think the boy crushed her nose, so she's in surgery." Perrie said and the boy slowly nodded.

"She's a friend?" He looked between us. 

"Well, to us she is." Harry said, pointing between everyone but me, so the boy naturally looked to me. I looked at his nametag and suddenly I felt my heart in my throat and my brain went on overdrive.

I looked at him, studying his features and as I did, something clicked in my head and I don't know why, but I grabbed the boy's shoulders.

"You're Yarvis?" I asked him wide eyed. He looked at me confused, but slowly nodded. "Sanders? Yarvis Sanders?" His skin nearly turned grey now and he grimaced.

"Why are you asking?" He asked me quietly. 

"I know a Sanders." I said and his eyes widened, he froze and just sat there. 

"Niall, what the hell did you say?" Liam asked, everyone looked at him in slight fright.

"H-how... T-that's n-not possible." Yarvis said shakily. "Where's my sisters? Do you know where they are?" He jumped up and looked at me frantically.

"Well... Only one." I said apologetically.

"Where is she? Is she okay? How did she end up here?" He blurted out question after question.

"Elizabeth..." Zayn seemed to get it and as he mumbled her name, Yarvis began crying. 

"Lizzie? I haven't heard from her in... In..." He srunched up his face and tugged his hair.

"12 years." I finished for him and he nodded sadly. "She's in surgery, Yarvis. Come sit." I patted the seat beside me again. He stood there for a bit and just nodded, then slowly sat down.

"Have you heard anything about Ellie and Leanne?" He looked at me again. I shook my head sadly and he sighed.

"Okay, wait. So... Who are you?" Perrie asked him after a while of silence. Yarvis looked up at her.

"Oh... I'm Yarvis Sebastian Sanders, Elizabeth's brother." They all gasped now and looked at him wide eyed.

"How come you haven't talked in 12 years?" Liam asked and Yarvis grimaced.

"Well, after our dad died, the state took and they decided to put the girls in an all girl orphanage, so they split me from my three sisters. I was sent to a boy orphanage and I talked to them a lot over the phone. Yeah, it was nice to to have your dad screaming at you all day anymore, but they took my sisters away when I was 7. Leanne was only 3. I lost my best friend, my bundle of hope and my shoulder to cry on. Just like that. At the orphanage, everyone made fun of me. You see, I've got this disorder. I can't move my left arm properly." Yarvis said.

He put his left arm out and I noticed how it was more swollen like and his vains were very visable. His fingers wouldn't curl all the way out.

"It's kind of numb, so all the boys there thought it was really funny. Then one day I just had enough and I walked away. I took the little things I had and left. I had met this girl when I was in school and she was 16. I know, sounds pretty bed when I was only 7 and a half, but she helped me out. I lived with her and she treated me like I was her brother. As I grew, she had to move, so I moved with her. She's a surgeon here, in this very hospital and I always looked up to her I guess. I wanna be a surgeon, but it's pretty hard with only one functional arm. But as I left the orphanage, I lost contact with my sisters. Then I heard in the news about this big kidnapping. Child molesters kidnapped all the girls in the orphanage and killed the workers. They were never found." He ended and my friends looked at me in horror.

"Liz said they were drugged and the men brought them to a plane. She lost Leanne and Ellie, but when she was not high on the drugs anymore, she panicked and hid under the plane seat. They didn't see her, so when she came out of hiding she was all alone in a plane in London." I told them all.

Just then the door opened and there stood a doctor.

"Yarvis, what's wrong, hun?" The blonde woman rushed over to him and stroked his cheek, crouching in front of him.

"Elizabeth, they know Elizabeth." He said and the woman gasped, looking to us.

"Goodness, that's great news! And I'm actually here to tell you she's waking up. She'll probably have a headache, so two people can come. Choose two quickly, then you can be there when she wakes up." She said warmly, a white bright smile on her lips.

I stood up and looked at Yarvis. He was looking at my friends, waiting for them to stand up.

"You know you're coming, right?" I asked him. His eyes lit up and he stood up, straightening his clothes.

"Thank you." He gave me a smile, then walked with me after the woman.

"I'm Carol by the way." The doctor said.

"Niall." 

"She's the girl who helped me." Yarvis filled me in. I nodded and then we entered room number 204.

Elizabeth was there with her nose plastered up, her heart monitor gave a steady beeoing sound and she was connected to an IV drip.

Yarvis was shaking now. Carol closed the door as she walked out, leaving the three of us. 

I patted Yarvis' shoulder, then walked over to the bed. I took Elizabeth's hand and squeezed it lightly, getting a slight squeeze back. I smiled and kissed her hand.

"Hi,Liz. You know, I'm just gonna say it, but you taking taking that punch may have been one of the smartest things you've ever done." I chuckled slightly. Her eyelids moved and slowly fluttered open. She blinked slowly a couple of times, then her blue eyes landed on me.

"W-why?" She croaked out. I smiled and handed her the glass, helping her to sit more up. She drank it and then gave me a small smile.

"Lizzie?" Elizabeth's eyes widened as I stepped aside and revealed the boy who was crying again. Elizabeth gasped and tears welled up in her eyes right away.

"Yar?" He nodded and let out a breathless laugh, then ran forward and took her in his arms, hugging her so tightly. She put her arms around him as well and fisted the back of his shirt as the both of them cried in happiness. 

I just smiled and sat down on the side, not wanting to leave Elizabeth, but wanting to give them space.