You need to go

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"You're really getting big now," Lea said in awe, her eyes focused on my belly. I placed a hand on it and smiled slightly. "Is it weird being pregnant?" she wondered.

I shrugged a bit, not really sure what to tell her per say. "Not really," I said and pulled her closer to my side so we cuddled together on the couch. I was actually 36 weeks along now and the fact that I hadn't actually told Niall yet was starting to become extrememly exhausting. I felt absolutely disgusted with myself for not telling him, but I was just too scared to do it. What if he hated me?

He did come home once, when I was about 20 weeks, but I surprisingly didn't really show then. I just wore baggy sweaters and such around him. My belly started growning a lot a couple of weeks ago though, so now I was very obviously a pregnant woman.

"Liz," Lea said gently now, looking up at me with worried eyes. "You're crying," she whispered and reached her hand out to catch my tears. I shut my eyes and tried to stop the sobs but it was impossible. "Lizzie," she sighed and pulled me into her arms. I hugged my little sister tightly while I just cried. The hormones didn't make this any easier than it was.

"You have to tell him." I nodded, knowing that very well. "Now." My eyes widened as she got up and grabbed my phone. I watched in slight panic as she dialed him and then pressed the phone to her ear.

"Lea, don't you da-"

"Hi Niall," she said chirply into the phone. I gawked at her. She did not! "Yeah, I'm great! Yes yes, Liz is fine as well. She actually has something to tell you. She's been dying to tell you for a long time actually, so... Please don't be too harsh on her," my little sister said and then she handed the phone to me shortly after.

I slowly took it and placed it against my ear.

I didn't say anything.

"Liz?" he said and I felt the tears come back again. I missed him so much and he was never going to talk to me, ever again. "I can hear you breathing," he mumbled, clearly confused with the fact that I wasn't speaking.

"I'm sorry," I said painfully. My heart ached. "I'm so sorry," I sniffled and tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

"What are you going on about?" he wondered, even more confused now.

"I should have told you right away. Please don't hate me." I covered my face with my free hand and then wiped away my tears, trying to get my shit together. "Please."

My eyes landed on my bulging stomach and I felt the baby kick, which made me break into sobs. I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it gently. My little angel. I loved this baby just as much as I loved Niall, maybe even more. I just couldn't bare lose any of them.

"Liz, you're scaring me," Niall said, sounding worried now. There was a slight distubance on the line and he cursed then shortly after, I could hear him properly again. "I'm sorry, the phone reception here is terrible and there weather isn't anything to-"

"I'm pregnant."

"-brag about ei- wait what?"

Silence.

"What?" I heard him whisper to himself now, clearly in shock. "I'm pregnant, Niall."

"But- Since-" I heard him take a shaky breath now. "How can you be pregnant when I'm not there?" My eyes widened at the hurt in his voice now. "No, Niall-"

"HOW!?" he shouted now and my heart broke. I didn't even have time to say anything before he hung up. I covered my mouth now and sobbed but obviously I tried to call him again. He had shut his phone off.