~Ending 3: Death~

"It's all useless... I'm useless."

"Just go Genocide. It'll make things so much easier."

"But then I'll have all that blood on my hands."

"They won't have suffer, though."

"You're right... but I would."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You limp down the snowy path, clutching the knife Frisk gave you. You grip the black, blood smeared handle tightly, determination running through your veins.

You couldn't end anyone's life except your own. No more suffering, pain; fear that you might mess things up again. All you have ever wanted is a perfect life.

You got exactly the opposite.

It was anything but perfect. Far from it.

The trees brushed against each other as the fake wind blew through your hair, cold soaking through your thin sweater. Your eyes were dull and lifeless, scanning the area for the last time.

You can reset when a monster ends your life, but you can't when you end your own. You set your fate, and you're going to keep it.

The white snow crunched under your feet as you limped, your feet sinking in a few inches. You bit your lip, knowing the tears you were about to shed. Stopping at the gate, you hear that same stick break, your blood running colder than it already was. You turn around to face Papyrus who stood there, cigarette between his fingers and a disapproval expression.

"So. You're killing everyone now?" He asks, nearly crushing the smoking piece of paper in his hand.

You give a breathy laugh, making him stiffen is shock. Were you really going the Genocide route?

"You don't have to do this, (Y/n)."

You freeze, taking a sharp inhale. Your chest started to burn, your eyes blurring with tears.

"So you remember me?" You ask, clenching your jaw afterwards.

He stays quiet, throwing away his cigarette and shoving his hands in his front hoodie pockets. You stare up at him, bottom lip quivering from the cold.

"I came to say goodbye..." You choke up, turning your head away so you wouldn't have to look him in the eyes.

He watches you shake, your knuckles turning white from gripping the knife so tight. Your lips were stretched into a thin, emotionless frown.

"I'm not killing everyone." You peek open one eyes, seeing him ease up some.

"Just one," You decide to look him straight in the pin-pricks since it will be the last time you see them.

"Who?" His voice cuts through the uneasy silence.

You hold up the knife, putting the tip of the blade to your heart, giving a painful smile.

"Me."

"Are you crazy?!" He shouts, stepping forward towards you.

You don't answer him, stepping back. It was a stupid idea, but it was all you had.

"My heart fills so... empty." You say breathlessly, watching the air fog up as you spoke.

"Please don't do this, (Y/n)!" He pleads.

"I'm sorry I caused so much pain... but we both don't have to suffer anymore." You try to see through the tears, failing miserably.

He holds out his hand, his eyes like acid against your skin. You search his face, seeing him look just as heartbroken as you were. You wanted to give in so bad. To hug him and say everything would be fine.

"Put the knife down and we can make things better." He coaxes, his fingers twitching from anticipation.

"We both know it has to be this way," you grin, shoving the blade through your heart.

Your eyes flood with agony as you pull the blade back out of your chest, blood slipping past your lips and down your chin. The knife drops from your hands, falling into the snow below. You sink down, unable to hold your body up. Papyrus grabs your sweater sleeve and pulls you into his embrace. He sat on his knees, holding you in his arms.

"Heh. You always were stubborn..." He grabs your hand, lacing the boney fingers with your cold blue ones.

He watches your eyes lose color, face paling and body going limp. There was nothing he could do. Your red soul flickers multiple times before bursting into little shards. He brushes the hair from your face, leaning down and placing his forehead on yours.

It wasn't enough time. You were here and gone so quickly. And now you were gone for good.

"I love you, pal."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Fresh watched in horror as you died right in Papyrus' arms, purple tears falling from under his yolo shades. His only true friend died right in front of him.

"I don't have a soul... but it really hurts." Fresh trembles, clenching his boney fists.

He looks back to Error, forcing his teeth into a painful smile. Error never liked you. In fact, he hated your guts. But Fresh was always annoying and overpowering. Seeing him so upset made him give some sympathy. He reaches out, putting a hand on his shoulder in an effort to comfort him somehow.

Fresh shrugs him off, turning his head and flicking his wrist, closing the portal he watched you through.

"She's gone!" He yells, kicking away his sk8 board and walking off into the endless anti-void, silently crying.

"I'm sorry, homie but if Papyrus couldn't save you, then I couldn't save you..."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Frisk watches you die in Papyrus' arms, laughing at how idiotic you truely were.

You were in a nightmare begging to wake up. But shoving that dull knife through your beating heart made you go back into an endless sleep.

A chuckle bubbles up his throat, a smirk spreading across his tan and cut up face.

"Sleep well, (Y/n)."