Day 35

I'm going home. You're ex considerately gave me a ride to my dreary house from the terribly disgusting hospital. My father was called when I was there but he didn't show up on time to bring me home so there I was left sitting outside of the hospital on a cold metal bench. Alone.

I have no one to call. No one would care or want to drive me home. It would indeed be a lie if I said that I didn't think about calling for you but I don't even want to have the thought of your presence in my head right now. I have a prayer that you did not read those notes even though a little over a month ago, I would've wished the opposite.

Moving forward, I decided to call the only person that showed somewhat care towards me. So hence, the tall blonde appeared in her black expensive car and carefully helped me in the passenger side and quickly drove off to my address.

The ride was over all quiet minus the soft playing of music in the background.

"How long have you been leaving those papers in his locker?" She questioned, breaking the silence that encased us.

"I don't really know... Maybe a month or two" I responded back keeping my gaze out the window, focusing on the stunning trees that we passed.

The rest of the way was quiet. It clearly looked like she had more to question but didn't know how to ask and I silently hoped that she wouldn't.

When we arrived at my house, you could tell how uncomfortable she was in my neighborhood. Her car and style stuck out like a lake in the middle of the desert. She was expensive and classy, I was not and neither was the people around here.

She gracefully pulled out my crutches from the back seat and helped me hobble my way out of the car and walk to the large front door.

"Thanks..." I mumble to her looking at the dirtying cement below my feet.

"Would you like me to walk you in or..." She trailed off.

"No no! It's fine I got it." I answered quickly not wanting her to see the state of my house, fearful that she'll judge it against her own.

"Okay well for sure call me if you need anything, alright?" She replied happily.

I shook my head as a response and watched her walk back to her car and pull away into the distance.

I walk into my old house and close the door loudly behind me. I take a look into the kitchen and take obvious note that my father is no where to be seen.

I am tired. I want to sleep. Possibly forever.

I slowly make my way to the stairs and tuck the crutches under my arms as I sit on the bottom step, pushing upwards on the stair with my arms so I am lifted to the next stair. I do this up the sixteen stairs I have and when I arrive at the top level, I am fully exhausted.

I help myself stand by grabbing onto the smoky wall in front of me and slipping the rough crutches underneath my boney arms.

I walk my way to my bedroom and open the chipped wooden door from its frame and peer inside to see a sight in front of me that is truly a nightmare come true.

You.