Day 25

Children.
I love kids and it appears kids loved me. However, I never wanted them due to the time they consume and money they take. In short, I never saw myself as ever wanting them but I very much so love them.

Last summer, when I coached the little league t-ball team, you always showed up to watch them play and they absolutely adored you. Most of them would ask when you would arrive or what games you would be at so they could show off their new skills to you. They all looked up to you. You always showed up. Every Saturday when there was a game, I counted on you to be there, to be our enthusiastic cheer section that the kids loved.

Toward the end of the season, the kids made it to the mini "World Series" which was a big deal for their little lives. We practiced and practiced and we were finally ready to play the best game they could ever have. The game began and there was no sign of you. I told most of them that you're just running late or stuck in traffic. Anything along those lines to ease their worries.

Second inning passed.
Then third.
Fourth.
Fifth and sixth.
Till you never came. And we lost.

Of course they were disappointed in themselves and in you but I tried to cheer them up and take them for ice cream for making it as far as they did.

We arrived at the small shop shortly after the closing of the game. When we entered, the group ran into line to order whatever they desired to eat.

Over in the back corner table sat you. And her. Together.

I didn't know what emotion to have.
I was mad because you couldn't come at least for the team or even give me a phone call.
I was sad because I thought there might have been the slightest chance that that could've been us together.
And lastly, I was broken hearted because I fell in love with the guy who loved laughing with us...

...not at us.

(Shout out to viyop12 for making this book continue)