Day 16

Homecoming sucked.

I started off my night with doing my makeup and curling my hair. My dad dropped me off at the school where I went in through the side doors. Alone. I got inside and went to where the music and dancing was taking place but as you know, I don't dance. I sat on the stairs that lead to the upper side of the school and waited for the dance to be over. However, for some dumb reason, I had a hope that you would ask me to dance, call me pretty, something. I barely saw you though.

When I did eventually see you, you looked amazing with your tie and all. The way you smiled with your friends having a good time. I always dreamed that I would be the one standing next to you being able to boast that you're my date. Stupid of me to dream such and unrealistic hope.

I eventually stand up and head to the girls bathroom around the corner. Big mistake on my part.

A friend of your girlfriends was in there fixing her makeup when she turned sharply to look at me and laugh humorously.

"Aww look at her trying" she cooed in a child like manner.

I looked down at my clammy hands and she started to trail closer to me. She took a piece of my hair between her fingers and said with a smirk

"Pretty hair, it would be a shame if it got cut off"

A girl slyly came in behind me from outside the bathroom. I recognized her as being friends with the girl in front of me and a friend of yours. She was gorgeous with a tight red dress and flawless makeup.  Not to mention the shiny object in between her hand.