Two months

I pulled into the garage and cut the car off. I looked in the back seat to see all of the kids sleep. I rested my head against the wheel and did a silent prayer.

It's been two months since the trip with Von. I've been to court twice and got a job. My dad bought me a truck and got me a nice townhouse. The first time I went to court was with Von. They said that Trey was to stay with me and go with Von every other week and that Von had to pay child support. The second time was when I put Kyle on child support. They said he had to pay but could not see the kids because he was violent. They actually required that he go to classes if he ever wants to see the triplets. I also got a restraining order out on him incase he tried anything. My dad bought me a black 2016 Dodge Durango with the red leather interior. He also found me a nice two bedroom town house since that's all I can afford right now. I pay the rent he just found it for me. The boys share a room and Heaven sleeps with me. She has her own bed but she likes to sleep with me. I also got a job at a hair salon.

I unlocked the door and quickly turned off the alarm. Then I woke up all the kids and made them walk in the house. They went upstairs and I went back outside to get the bags. I put the bags on the table and went to go check on the kids. Trey was laying in Tyson's bed and the triplets were playing with cars. "Next we play house okay" Heaven said. "Okay" the boys said. "Y'all can play until dinner is ready" I said. "Okay" they said. "Tyler when you're ready to talk come downstairs" I said. "Okay" he said. I went downstairs and started fixing spaghetti. "Mommy" I heard Tyler say. I turned around to see him in the doorway. "Yes Ty" I said picking him up and sitting him on the counter. "Are you okay" he asked. "Yes. Why what's wrong" I asked. "Ms. Kelly always telling Mrs. Cassandra that you look unhappy. She also said that you umm you need a man because umm you can't take care of us alone. Then she said some more stuff" he said. "And what did you say" I asked since he did get in trouble today. "I told her to shut up and mind her own business" he said. "Now I told you to ignore people's comments cause they are just haters and we are going to glow up on them one day" I said. "Yes ma'am" he said. "Now give me some love" I said hugging him making him laugh. I put him down as the doorbell rang. "Don't let it happen again Tyler" I yelled as I went to the door and he went upstairs.

I opened the door to see my neighbor Miracle and her two kids Paisley and Penelope. "Hey girl" she said. "Hey y'all" I said letting them in. "Where's Heaven? We brought our babies" Paisley said. "She's upstairs with the boys" I said. "Can we play in your room" Paisley asked. "Sure" I said. "Does Heaven have a baby doll" Penelope asked. "Not yet. I haven't gotten around to buying her one" I said feeling like a bad mother. "I brought two she can play with one of mine" Penelope said pulling a baby doll out of her shirt and running upstairs. "Oh my gosh I feel like a bad mother. Heaven doesn't even have a baby doll. She only has a teddy bear she got when she was a baby" I said plopping on the couch. "You're not a bad mother. You are trying to do everything in your power to make ends meet for your kids at a young age. You do what you gotta do. If that teddy bear is all you got then I'm sure Heaven won't mind" Miracle said. "Today Tyler got in trouble at school for telling the teacher to shut up and mind her business. The teacher said I need a man because I can't take care of my kids alone" I said crying. "T if you don't stop all that crying. Fuck all those teachers at the daycare. They are just haters. Remember you going to glow up on them" she said as the doorbell rang. "You got somebody else coming over" Miracle asked. "No. Wait what's today" I asked. "The 19th" she said. "Shit I forgot Von is picking up Trey today" I said rushing to the door.

I opened the door to see Von looking at his phone. "I'm sorry I forgot you were coming today I'll go get him" I said wiping my face about to go get Trey. Von grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Were you crying? Are you okay" he asked. "I'm fine. I have to go get Trey so you can go" I said. "Are the triplets up there" he asked. "My kids are in there room now I have to go" I said walking away. I ran upstairs and grabbed a sleeping Trey. I took him downstairs and handed him to Von. "Take care of my son" I said kissing Trey's head. "Take care of yourself" Von said. "Whatever boy" I said. "Hey" he said. "What" I asked. "Take care of yourself" he said handing me some money. "I can't take this" I said pushing his hand away. "Yes you can" he said sitting it on the table and walking away. "Von I don't want your money" I yelled. "It's not for you. It's for Heaven" he said putting Trey in the car. I shut the door and rolled my eyes.

"He's still trying to take care of you" Miracle said. "Don't" I said going to fix the kids some spaghetti. "So while I was working " Miracle said. "Where the heck do you work" I asked. "I'm looking for a job okay. Right now I'm working on finding a job" she said. "Miracle" I said. "What" she said. "You can work for me" I said. "I'm not no damn maid bitch" she said. "No I meant I can pay you to watch my babies since those ladies got so much to say" I said. "Oh my gosh yes. How much we talking" she asked. "Well I pay $600 dollars a week right now" I said. "Damn that's rent right there" she said. "I know" I said. "I'll charge you $400 a week" she said. "Deal" I said. "But anyways I was working and I just so happened to look out of the window" she said. "Oh" I said rolling my eyes. "I saw this man running around the block. Then he went to the house at the end of the street" she said. "So. You have a boyfriend stop stalking other men" I said. "Well I do have this friend that is single and ready to mingle" she said. "I am not ready to mingle" I said putting the plates at the table. "When you see him you will be" she said. "Shut up Miracle. Kids come eat" I yelled. "I'll hook you up with him don't worry. A little dick ain't never hurt nobody" she said. "Umm I prefer big dicks" I joked. "Yea I see you have four kids to prove that" she said and I flicked her off.