twenty one

Charm To The Rescue?

Trav

"Trav you really need to make up your mind. It's 4 more days until we leave and you haven't made anything final yet. " Mariah moaned.

"Just give me some alone time. Let me think about this please."

"I can't! We've got to start calling up interior designers and those people who measure curtains and stuff. We can't just go into an empty house without basic necessities . "

I outstretched my arms and opened the fridge, ignoring her.

"There's barely any food left. You gonna go grocery shopping?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We're moving house soon.. what's the point?"

I rolled my eyes and closed the fridge door. She was working my nerves and there was no escape. Usually I could go to Blue's house , visit Warren or hang at Pink Diamonds but now there was nothing .

I didn't want to ring Warren and party. I had enough of turning up every night. I just wanted to go somewhere that had peace and tranquility.

"I'm going for a walk." I announce.

"A walk? Trav we've got to ring up a lot of people today. Can you go for a walk tomorrow please?"

I was going to say no but she looked really desperate. I pulled off my jacket and sat opposite her. She slid a list of numbers towards me.

"You handle those . I'll start picking out room colours."

Inka's Interior . It said at the top of the paper.

I dialled the number underneath it and waited for a while.

"Hello this is Inka's Interior ! How can I help you today?" A squeaky voice said.

My mind went blank. "Um, I actually don't know why I'm calling. Can you give me a second please?"

Mariah looked up from the paint palette book as I handed her the phone.

"Can you tell Inka why we need her please because I don't know."

Mariah sighed and took the phone, plastering a fake smile on her face and an extra chirpy tone. "Hi Inka! I just wanted to know if you could decorate my home for me. I have an idea of what colour schemes I want but I feel like you would really make my vision come true."

I watched as she put on a whole facade as she spoke to the woman over the phone. I don't know why she was so fake to people and I didn't really like it.

"Yes, of course. I'm planning on moving in on Sunday..... Yes, that sounds great.... okay... It's located in Beverly Hills which is close by to your studio... I researched your website .. I can't wait! Thank you. I'll email you all of my details. Goodbye , have a great day!" She hung up the phone and her smile was replaced with a groan.

"She talks so much." she looked at me. "Okay, go for the next number. Try and do it yourself this time Trav."

I was starting to believe this was Mariah's world and I just lived in it.

•••

Blue

Charm didn't have work today because some shootings happened nearby her club .

She decided to wait for me and Queen to finish and cheered us on, giving us both encouragement.

"You were so good Queen." Charm hugged her and then faced me. "As for you... Mrs Blue.. I don't know what's up with you but that dancing was so un-enthusiastic."

." Leave me Charm." was all I managed to say.

She frowned and put an arm around me. "What's up? Tell me."

"There's nothing to say Charm."

"Fuck outta here. Someone's made you upset and I'm not going home till you spit it out." she said, shaking me by the arms.

I pushed her away softly. "I'm perfectly fine. Just not feeling it tonight."

"Bullshit."

She looked away from me and towards Queen. "You must know what's wrong with her.. ya'll work together."

"It's to do with Trav or something. He's going to Beverly Hills with Mariah. Also he kissed Mariah again last night. It was when we hosted him a going away party . "

Charm gasped. "That little shit!"

She faced me again and hugged me as we stopped walking, standing outside of her house.

I laughed. "Charm it's not that serious."

"We'll see ."

I moved my hair out of my face and looked at her . "What are you going to do?"

"Nothing. " she smiled. "Just know he will regret ever playing my sister."