eighteen

Let Me Know

Blue

I finished my shift just on time and changed into my sweater and shorts in 3 minutes. I removed my makeup and tied my hair back. I held my heavy duffel bag and made my way to Trav's car with Queen .

"Did you see that Puerto - rican guy with the braids?! " Queen gasped as we got into the car.

I chuckle. "Queen, don't hurt Warren's feelings by hooking up with some Puerto-rican. Lord knows Warren's self-esteem would fly out of the window."

"No, of course not. Warren is mine but I just think that guy was so fine."

"He was kinda all that and a lil bit."

She was regarding some Puerto-rican dude with tattoos, long hair and silver grillz. He was cute but he looked to rough for my likings.

"What about you and Trav? I'm sure he's been cheering you up because today you were happier than usual. You've normally got this  attitude when you dance and you act stubborn with all the men. "

I shrugged my shoulders innocently. "I don't know to be honest .

My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Charm.

C: Finished early, where u at ?

Bluee💙: Me & Queen waiting for Trav  behind Pink Diamonds in the carpark.

"Seriously though, what's made you in a good mood today ?" Queen went on.

"I don't know. Maybe God decided it was best for me to be positive today."

Charm opens the door and gets in the back with Queen.

"It's been a long time since I've been in this car park." Charm breathes. "What ya'll talking about anyway?"

"Basically, today during our shift , Blue was in a good mood , smiling, laughing, dancing and speaking to everyone. So I'm just  asking her .. what has put you in such a good mood? "

Charm leaned forward and looked at me from head to toe. "  Even your smile looks different. It seems ..genuine."

I brush her off. "Get outta here. Ya'll trying to be psychics so badly ."

The car goes silent as Charm observes me even more. "The answers are coming to me." she whispers to herself.

Queen and I look at each other weirdly when Charm starts to rub her temples, with her eyes closed.

Eventually Trav comes in the car and Charm leans back, but I could tell she was still observing me.

"Charm, when did you get in here?" Trav looks at her.

There was no reply for nearly a whole minute so Queen opted in for her. "She finished early ."

"You did good tonight." Trav says to me. "I was watching everyone throw compliments at you ."

I laugh. "Yeah, they were cool people."

"No one barely came over to the rest of us today. It was all about Blue tonight." Queen adds.