twelve

Home

Renee

"Pop that pussy for a real nigga." I quietly rapped the lyrics to the song whilst dancing.

Queen was opposite me enjoying herself. She occasionally looked over towards me , making sure I was okay. After the whole situation she had become more overprotective over me even though she was younger than me.

Trav was patrolling the club, making sure everyone was behaving and not acting crazy.

I tried my hardest to act like I was okay but deep down I was still a bit shaken up . I'd never been assaulted in my life, aside from small fights at school but not sexually assaulted. To know it could've possibly happened to me was unreal .

•••

Once my shift had finished and I was changed, I went with Trav in his car home. Queen was picked up by Warren but they left a bit quicker before us.

"You was killing it tonight." Trav said.

"Could've done better. I only made $1300."

"Don't worry about it. You were great." He reassured me.

Once we arrived home I went into the shower , even though I had already bathed today. I always felt grimy after working.

I came out of the shower and brushed my teeth and changed into some shorts and a tank top. I pushed the duffel bag under my bed after I emptied the money into the safe.

I went into the living area but Trav wasn't there. I'm guessing he was using the toilet.

My phone buzzed as I fell to the couch. A picture of Charm appeared on the screen so I answered.

"Are you coming out tonight?" Charm asked.

I wasn't sure if she was being serious or not. Does she not remember what had happened the other night or was that already out her brain?

"Are you being foreal or are you joking?" I scoffed.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember what nearly happened  to me two days ago?" I asked, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"Oh yeah, I thought you had gotten over that. You can't let that stop you from having fun ." she said.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm not going anywhere Charm."

"Hmm, what about Trav?"

As if he heard his name through the phone Trav came out of the bathroom.

"Charm wants to know if you're going out tonight." I told him.

"Are you ?" he asked me.

"Nope. I'm staying home." I replied.

"Aight, I'm not going anywhere either." I put him on loudspeaker so Charm could hear his answer.

Charm sighed over the phone. "Okay party poopers. "

I hung up the phone and leaned back in the couch. I was extremely tired after the shift at Pink Diamonds. and I was craving my pills but having Trav around made it hard for me to sneak any in my mouth.

"You could've gone if you wanted to." I spoke.

"Nah, for the next few days you are my responsibility. Warren and them can have their fun but I don't mind taking a break."

I didn't see no problem with that and couldn't be bothered to argue so I went on my phone. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep. I was craving my anti-depressants .

I got up and went to the kitchen. I got a glass of water and went to my room, Trav looked at me weirdly until I closed my room door and he was out of my sight.

I moved to the table beside my bed and opened the drawer where they were. I crouched over and took them out. I tried to be as quiet as possible when I opened the small bottle.

I heard the TV playing so he must've been watching something. I relaxed and sat on the edge of the bed, taking the pill out.

"You back at it again huh?"

I jumped as Trav walked in, hovering over me. He snatched the pills out of my hand and the glass of water.

"What are you doing Blue? You know you don't need these. They only make you dependent on them and they make you feel even more depressed." he said.

I looked down at the floor. I was ashamed of myself and the stupidity I was going through just to take the pills.

"Just let me have them."

He left the room with the pills. I wasn't going to the pharmacy anytime soon. There was only a couple more days until he left.

•••

Trav

I was annoyed at Blue taking the pills and not telling me why she was depressed.

I know she doesn't have to tell me if she doesn't want to but I wanted to know what had messed her up so much that she was depressed.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" I asked.

She had come out of the room, she looked upset and annoyed but she knew I was only doing it to help her.

"Okay, you know what, I'll tell you everything." she snapped.

"Okay, begin."

"Nah I will not say it today, I'm not in the mood. Tomorrow I will."

Atleast she was making progress. It had felt like I was forcing her before but now she was willing to speak about whatever it was.