thirteen

Not Again

Trav

I woke up early and made Blue breakfast. She was in the living area on her laptop. She was looking at some estate agency thing, which reminded me to phone Mariah later on.

"Are you making some bacon aswell? I'm craving that."

"Yeah, it's all made already." I came over with a plate full of food for her.

"Thank you Chef Trav."

"Ain't no problem princess."

She rolled her eyes as she delved into the food. I noticed she barely had proper breakfasts and so this was enjoyable to her.

"You gonna tell me why you're so depressed then?" I asked.

"Nope. I decided I'll tell you on Friday." she said.

"Fine."

We watched the news reports whilst eating. More crimes happening in Chicago , more threats from Isis to countries, cops killing more black people but the only good thing was Kim Kardashian had a day out with Saint West.

"This world is so fucked up. How can the only positive thing be about Kim Kardashian? but they wanna speak badly about the minorities." Blue scoffed. "This is why I don't watch the news . They're always biased."

She flipped the channel to some sitcom television show . We watched it whilst eating .

"You are more talkative than usual." I commented.

"I get like this when I'm passionate about something. " she said.

"Then why don't you turn into a spokesperson or an activist or something. You could be good at it." I suggested.

She shook her head."No way."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not one of those fancy shmancy women in suits and skirts that goes to meetings and voices her opinion. I prefer to just stay to myself. I don't like being in the mix or in the spotlight." she explained.

"But at Pink Diamonds you're in the spotlight." I said.

"I know ..but that's me playing my alter-ego ; Blue. I'm more comfortable to be in the spotlight then, but not when I'm being Renee and..." she paused. "I didn't mean to say that again."

"Say what? Renee? What's the big deal if you say your name?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just don't use it and never will okay." she snapped.

I didn't understand why she had such a hatred towards her name but it definitely had something to do with her past.

"Go to one of those black lives matter protests or something. You could even join an activist group . You never know, you could probably end up as some historic leader like Martin Luther King."

She rolled her eyes as she walked over to the kitchen. "Get outta here. I will stay as Blue and will always be Blue that works at Pink Diamonds." she washed up the cutlery and plate. "That food was nice, thank you."

"You're welcome."

She went to her room which I'm guessing meant she was done with the conversation.