eight

First Time For Everything

Trav

After another long night of work at Pink Diamonds , I made it my duty to check on  Blue at her house.

Mariah was too busy at the laptop looking for houses and just assumed I was with Warren . She really had her eyes set on Beverly Hills but I didn't . We would just have to agree to disagree.

I knocked on her door and she answered. She was wearing her shoes on and a hoodie.

"Can we go to the  McDonalds drive-thru. I want a McFlurry." Blue asked .

I nodded my head and opened the door for her before going to the driver's seat.

We waited in the drive-thru until it was my cue to move down.

"Can I get a McFlurry please?"

"Oreo. " Blue added.

The woman nodded her head. "Move down in the queue please."

I moved down and paid whilst waiting for it.

"Here's your oreo Mcflurry. Enjoy!" A cheery guy said.

He handed it to me and I began to drive out of the small McDonalds. I handed it to Blue and drove to her house.

I helped her out of the car. She went into the kitchen and got her phone from off of the counter.

"How's Queen feeling working by herself?" I asked, sitting down.

"She's very lonely and she phones me telling me how Dream tries to boss everyone around . When I get back Dream will have to pipe down." she kissed her teeth.

I laughed. "Girls are something else."

I stood up and went over to where she was standing. I scanned around her cupboards until she looked at me weirdly.

"What are you doing?"

"Making you some food. Real food . You can't eat a McFlurry for dinner." I scoffed.

"I can do anything. Through God and within God anything is possible." she joked.

I chuckled. "Okay you got spaghetti and you got meatballs. I think we know what I'm going to make."

She rolled her eyes and limped over to the living area and sat down . I heard Love and Hip Hop playing which I now realised was her favorite show.

I put the spaghetti to soak in boiling water whilst I looked around for salt and pepper.

I came across a small tiny box. I read the label 'anti-depressants' . Why would Blue take anti depressants. She's quite stubborn but she isn't depressed. Not from what she shows me anyway.

I put them back before she noticed and found the salt and pepper.

••••

Renee

I couldn't deny that Trav's food was delicious. Everything had the right flavours and he put in the effort.

I finished the remains of what he had made . "That was the best. Thank you."

He smiled. "Ain't a problem." he took my plate for me and washed it up by the sink.

"You don't have to do all of that Trav." I said.

He ignored me so I continued watching television. I put it on some old Disney Cinderella movie with Brandy.