The Light in My Dark

Start from the beginning

Sighing, I walked back into Alessa's room, slowly closing the door behind me, not wanting to Disturb the moment Ali was having.

I silently settled against the paned glass window, the day seeming so bright and beautiful for a day for some were pain ridden.

My wandering thoughts were interrupted with the small voice of Ali, yet I was able to hear her from the deafening silence of the room only interrupted by the constant sound of the heart rate machine.

"I remember when she disappeared, like yesterday, my heart was pounding at a rate I could only put as a thousand miles an hour," she whispered, her matted blonde curls covering her face as she continued to look down at Alessa.

"I searched everywhere, her apartment, the studios, some of the streets we always go down, but I couldn't find her, even ringing her was a failed attempt," she continued, her voice wavering at points in her sentences, her hand clenching Alessa's tightly In fear she would disappear.

"When she finally called me, it was like I could breathe again, knowing she was safe, well and alive, like the weight of the world had disappeared at the simple flashing of her name on my phone screen," She breathed, I contemplated her words, the way she was talking about how she worried for Alessa sounded a lot like...

Me...

"I always thought that no one could love Alessa more than me, we're bonded by the hip, almost inseparable," she chuckled, her laugh coming out forced and strained.

"That was until she told me all these things about a man who made her feel things that were different from others."

"She told me things that he made her feel safe, that she didn't fear her harm but only his," she stated, my heart clenching at the remembrance of her words, the three soft words that left her lips.

I Love You...

"She told me that even though there was doubt in his mind, that his own insecurities drove him to anger and remorse, she believed that she could pull him out of that self loathing and pain."

I love You...

"I thought she was making pointless actions, that a man driven to the point of isolation and self hate can only drive himself deeper and cannot be helped," she drawled, a weak smile showing through her words, even though I couldn't see her face.

I Love You...

"But the next time she called me, this man had changed somewhat, he had become softer, more caring and gentle, more passionate and devoted," she exclaimed, her body relaxing into the back of the chair, while her fingers played with that band on Alessa's wrist.

I Love You...

"I always wondered if Alessa would find someone good enough for her that could make her smile without his presence, just a name, and for some reason I never thought she would."

I Love You...

"And somehow she proved me wrong, because she found you," she stated, her bloodshot eyes boring into mine, filled with only unshed tears while a small smile tugged at her lips.

"I love her," I whispered, my eyes casting down to Alessa, unable to hear my words that I wanted to shout to the heavens.

"I can tell, your eyes are the gateway to your heart as soul, they light up when you see the one you love," she paused, her eyes glancing down to Alessa as she drew in a deep breath, "It's what Alessa's did when Alonso mentioned your name the compound."

Giving a small nod, I saw Alonso walk in with three coffees in his hands, a ginger smile placed on his lips.

"Thanks," I mumbled, quickly taking the caffeine Beverage, my body needing the energy to make up for the lack of sleep.

"Doctors say that she should wake up soon, we just have to be patient," Alonso murmured from the lip of his cup.

Sighing, I pulled another chair from the corner of the room, my back settling into the hard leather chair.

My limbs sunk into the chair and became heavier with each passing moment, my body was lacking sleep and energy , it demanded it. I slowly succumbed to the darkness of a dreamless sleep, giving my mind and body a break.

What seemed like moments later, I felt a violent nudge on my shoulder while a hushed high whisper came from across the room.

"Angelo, wake up, Alessa's coming round," Alonso said, the tapping on my shoulder continuing.

Alessa....

Just as my eyes cracked open, I heard the sweetest sound that I dreamed to hear again echo through the room.

"Where am I?"

Alessa...

******************
(A/N:) Hey, I'm so sorry it's been so long since I updated, I went back to school at the beginning of September and got a tonne of work piled onto me. The stress levels are so high, I decided to update now because I have an operation next week, so I'll be recovering from that. I'll be sure to update soon, hope you enjoyed.
Don't forget to:
Vote❤️
Comment❤️
Follow❤️
Laters Lovelies, Bella💕