"Baby, I am here to see you. I want to talk with you in private." She said and then stared at me angrily.

"Cherry. You do know that I am not interested to talk with you or ..." He said while tightening his grip on my hand and she interrupted him.

"Alexander...." She pleaded.

I was not at all interested in this drama and I hate her and I don't get good vibes from her.

"Excuse me." I said and decided to leave the two of them alone and get back to work but Alexander stopped me again.

"Scarlet you are not going anywhere. Cherry, if you want to say something then say it... or else leave. I have important work to be done here." He said leaving no room for argument.

"Why. Why can't you give me a chance? I am sorry for what I did. Please forget the past and give me a chance to prove you." She said while looking at him hopefully.

"You and Me....We.... It's past. There is no future, no chance for us to be together. I gave you chances in the past several times but you screwed it. You are a selfish person Cherry. You can only love yourself. "He seethed in anger.

"If not me then why are you with her? She has got no standard, no money, no fame, she is a nothing. God knows what she did for a living, before working with you.....Why this wench?" She yelled back at him.

I became stiff and I felt hurt. Her words were echoing in my head. I closed my eyes to calm myself.

"Don't you dare say anything about her...you have no right." He warned while pointing a finger at her.

"But that's the truth. She is a loser who wants some attention, fame and money. The easier way is to be with you Alexi. Girls like her will do anything to get there. Baby..."

"Cherry...you..." Before Alexander could complete his sentence, I gave a tight slap on her left cheek.

"Enough. You have no right to insult me like that. You don't even know me. How can you just degrade me like this when I haven't done anything wrong. Don't you dare.... talk about me like that ever.
I have no interest in his money, status, attention or power. Keep that in mind. Now if you please excuse me." I left his cabin as I was fuming in anger.

I was pissed off. Never in my life have I ever come across such a situation.
I resumed my work so that I get distracted and it helped me to calm myself. After an hour I saw Cherry leaving from his cabin.

Right after that he came inside my cabin and pulled me into a warm hug.

"Sorry. She is a selfish bitch. Please ignore her words." He soothed me while rubbing his hand on my back.

"Sir, I... I am fine. It's okay. "I assured him while pushing him a bit away and I maintained a distance between us.

"Okay. Umm... can you get me some coffee to my cabin?" He asked while running his hand through his hair. He looked tired and I nodded a yes to him.

After 15 minutes I got him a cup of coffee and placed it on his desk. He was now busy reading documents and attending a call. So I left and went onto do my work. At the end of shift I was exhausted. I packed up my things and left my cabin. Alexander was waiting nearby to the elevator, as soon as he saw me he pushed onto the button. Elevator came and we entered together, there was just silence. Once when we reached the ground floor, he tugged my arm and said,

"You are coming with me. I'll drop you home." I couldn't argue and he pulled me towards the parking area, entered into his car and he started driving.

He broke the silence by asking me,

"Have you booked the tickets for us?"

"Yes. Our flight is at morning 7:00 and I will mail you the rest of the details later tonight." I replied.