Chapter 7

Taylor's Pov~

Sunday Morning....

"Oh! What the hell, No...No....No....No....

This can't happen. Shit.

I should warn her. Where is my damn cellphone?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor: "Hello. Scarlet where are you?"

Scarlet: "Hey. I am at the Jogger's Park. Why?"

Taylor: "You need to get back home right now. Or else.....you... hello....Scar..."

Scarlet: "Oh shit! Lorry, I'll call you later. Bye."

-------------------

Scarlet's Pov~~

While on call with Lorry I just stopped jogging and looked up. The sight in front of me was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

A hell lot of people with cameras and microphones were coming towards me. It's the press, damn why are they coming towards me? I panicked and started running off to the opposite direction.

They all were behind me, but what did I do? Why follow me?

I saw a mall ahead so rushed inside to it and hid behind a cloth rack. I was calming myself down so that I could think of something to get out of this situation. An idea popped into my mind as I quickly grabbed a hat and a coat from the racks, blended with the busy crowd who were shopping happily.

My cellphone started vibrating again; quickly answered it without taking a look at the caller id.

"Lorry, I'll call you later. Ok?" I said in a hurry but it was not Lorry on the other side.

"Hello....Scarlet. It's me Alexander. Where are you?" He asked me with concern.

"I... I am currently at a mall; it's nearby to the jogger's park and kind of stuck in here. I am disguised so that the press doesn't recognize me, which I am unaware as to why they are following me." I whispered into the cell.

"Just calmly stand nearby to the cash counter and wait for my security guard's. They are on their way to pick you up from there safely. So when they arrive just wave your hand."
He informed me and my mind was racing with a lot of thoughts.

I did as I was told by him. So far I was not caught so just waited there nearby to the counter as instructed.

After an hour, Mr. Pearce's guards entered the mall and I waved my hand and they noticed me. I recognized that one of the guards is my boss's personal one and he was leading the group of men towards me. Quickly I went up to them; same time a few of the press members was also nearing towards me from all directions. These press members' didn't have any camera instead they carried only a note pad and a pen. But before they could get me I was out along with my protective guards. While others with cameras and microphones were waiting outside of the mall. Even they were not allowed to come near me as the guard's surrounded me and pushed everyone aside to make way for me.

The manager of the mall too was helping me out to get away from the press and managed to stop them. He said Mr. Pearce have instructed him to do so and I don't need to pay for the coat as well as hat because expenses have been taken care of, so no need to worry about anything.

I wonder how actor's and celebrities live their life like this. They are always surrounded by paparazzi. Their whole life either they are being followed or it's being captured into the camera. They have no freedom at all. This is so suffocating. Well, hats off to them for leading such a difficult and limited life.

Somehow I was taken outside and got into the car. The first thing I did was taking off the hat and coat, and then I released a sigh of relief. They took me directly to my office and I had no other choice but to be in my office on a Sunday morning in my shorts and a white tank top.

Great!

I was in my cabin standing near to the window, looking outside to the small garden.

"Scarlet. Are you okay?"

I turned around and saw Mr. Pearce looking at me; concern edged its way across his face.

"YES I'm fine though I don't get it. Why are they following me?" I asked confusedly.

Lorry came in suddenly and rushed to me, hugging me tightly saying,

"Thank god. You are here. I thought you might be stuck with the damn press!"

"I'm sorry Lorry. I got you worried about me. I was about to call you. But as you know I was busy to get a safe place for myself." I said as a matter of fact. Then something struck me.

"Wait. How did you know about the press and me?" I asked her questioningly.

"You are everywhere in the news since morning. I called you up to warn about the same at first but you hung up on me. And then Alex...I mean Mr. Pearce informed me about where you are." She said angrily.

"But why am I on the news?" I asked in shock.

"It's because of me." Mr. Pearce said in a low voice.

"What?" I asked again confusedly.

"It's like one of the press member took out pictures of you both while being at the hotel Paradise. The breaking news state's that Mr. Eligible Bachelor's second date. As on the same day he was spotted with Miss. Nell Lawrence at Royal's, so that's considered as his first date. There are headlines as follows,

A Small Town girl is going out with the Business Tycoon of the year.

Ohio girl is competing with Nell Lawrence, Managing director of the Highland Group. And so on...."

I was speechless with what I heard right now from her.

"None of it is true. What am I supposed to do now to make it right?" I asked her worriedly.

"You don't have to do anything. I'll fix it myself and you don't have to worry about anything." He said while looking at me, then gave a curt nod towards Taylor and left us alone.

I felt tired and was disturbed about the things happening around me. I just sat down on the chair thinking through things.

Mr. Alexander was still standing in front of me and he said,

"Scarlet, its better you stay at your apartment till everything gets sorted out. I will send out guards along with you two, so relax."

"Okay." I agreed to what he suggested as even I think it's better to be home rather than come to work. I can't handle the press and the questioning sessions with them. Only he can resolve this issue right now.

As he said, guard's protected us both from the crowd of questioning people and took us home safely. But this is really insane. I never thought I will be in such situations and be famous like this.

I was lying down on my bed as soon as my eyes got closed I immediately fell asleep.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Vote, share and comment.

Thank you!

Catheriene