Chapter 13

Alexander's Pov~

I was in my office thinking about Scarlet. She is down with fever, resting at home and also missed the Sunday outing. The person who was supposed to skip the outing was Vince and yeah he did miss it, as I send him away to check out the site for Bliss project. But Scarlet fell sick so she missed it too.

I am not able to focus on anything right now. Every time I go to check her cabin, to see if she has come or not. Or I tend to press on the intercom to make her come to my cabin. How stupid is that. She is not even there in the office and I am doing all this. What is wrong with me? I seriously should take a break now.

While walking towards the elevator, when I passed by her cabin I just took a glance inside and there she was sitting in her chair, typing on the computer. Am I day dreaming, I stood still for a moment and then when I realized it's not, I entered into her cabin.

Her eyes were watery, nose is red and she looks tired. When I entered she got up instantly and greeted me in a croaky voice.

"Why are you here? You should be on bed, resting." I asked her with concern and seriously I feel bad seeing her like this. She shouldn't be working in this condition. Sneezing every two minutes followed by cough.

"I just had few things to take care of. So I couldn't sit around at home knowing that I have pending work here." She replied and then sneezed.

"Scarlet. You don't have to worry so much regarding work. It won't hamper anything. Did you visit doctor?"

"No. I ...just thought I will buy a tablet later on. It will be fine." She waved her hand off.

"No. You are going to the doctor first and then to home and then you will eat, take med and rest for straight two days. No working. Understood?"

"Sir I am fine. That's not needed."

"Scarlet. Don't argue with me and come on now."

We left office and I took her to my family doctor. Purchased required medicines and headed over to her apartment.

This is the first time I am in her apartment. I placed the medicines on the table beside the sofa.

"Scarlet have you eaten anything?" I asked her but she just stood there silently.

"Scarlet." I raised my eyebrows and looked at her waiting for a reply. When I understood it's a no as an answer from her. I removed my coat, rolled up the sleeves of my shirt and went into the open kitchen area. She followed me and stood near to the fridge.

"Sir It's not required. I..."

"It's Alex. And I want you out of here. Go freshen up first."

"Are you always this bossy?" She asked and then sneezed again.

"Go."

"YEAH you are definitely bossy all the time." She said while going inside her room and rolled her eyes.

I chuckled.

Well, I thought its best to prepare a simple hot chicken soup for her. So started cutting up some vegies, took some fresh dill, boneless, skinless chicken breasts for preparing broth and vermicelli. Preparation was done and added all the ingredients together and the soup was ready in half an hour.

By the time, she too changed into her comfortable clothes and sat down on the chair. I poured the hot soup into a bowl and placed it on the table beside her.

"You cook?" She asked surprised.

"Not a MasterChef but yes, I can cook a decent meal."

"You are not going to have it?"

"No. I am good."

"Mm.... It's delicious. Thank you Sir." She said with a full blown smile, I felt happy and I felt a different feeling within me.

"It's Alex." I said while keeping that thought aside.

"Yes Sir." I gave her a look.

"Sorry. Alex."

She is really something. She is simple and come on, none of the employee work when he/she is ill. They find excuses or reasons to take a day off and here she just does the opposite.

"Have your medicines. And don't forget to rest." I say while I take up her bowl as she finished having soup and dropped it into the sink.

"Sir, I mean Alex. About that, umm I don't want a day off. I..."

"I won't deduct your pay, if that's what you're worried about."

"No. I mean yes. Actually, money part includes but the other reason is, I will be all alone here and that kills me. So please...."

"OKAY but only on one condition. Today you will have to take a complete rest."

"Okay."

"Good. Then I'll see you tomorrow at office."

"Yes. Thank you for everything that you have done for me today."

I smiled at her and left her apartment.
I feel like taking care of her and just be with her more and more. I don't know why?

Also I hope she gets well soon.
I simply miss her when she is not there at the office.

◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎

Thank you Fahima_sattar for your support.

I hope you all liked this chapter!

NOTE: Mine Forever has reached to #338 Romance.

Thank you.

V.S.C...!!! ♡♡♡♡♡