Nine Eleven Tribute Twenty Sixteen

Today, fifteen years ago, two Boeing 767 aircraft crashed into the two World Trade Center towers. This event shocked the American people to their core. On that fateful day, we lost 2,977 victim lives including 343 firefighters and 72 police men and women. The two towers collapsed in upon themselves, sending debris raining down on the civilians, servicemen and women and buildings around the site. To this day, I still shake to my core every time I think or remember any trace of this event. Today we remember those we lost and what values we need to get back to today. That day we rallied around New York. We cried for the brothers and sisters we lost and we vowed not to stop until we had reprimanded Al Qaeda for what they had done to the American people. Today, take a moment to reflect on what you have done to remember the lives lost today. Remember where your parents were in the exact moment they saw that first plane slam into the North tower.  Think about what it must have been like to be on those planes, on the ground watching, in the office building itself as the plane shook the 110 story tower to its foundation. Imagine the calls that were made after. Imagine the men and women searching through the rubble, finding the bodies of the deceased and the bodies of the barely living. Today give a moment of prayer-whether you are religious or not-to the innocents that perished in the terrorist attacks of nine eleven, at the Pentagon, in Pennsylvania and at the Twin Towers. Remember to give thanks for the country you live in and the servicemen and women around you. I am proud to be an American and I will always remember 9/11.